Claire -v- Lloyds TSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've just received details of the charges made to my account over the last 6 years and I've also received the statements for my account dating back to 1997 as requested.

What I need to know now is do I include the overdraft usage fees and the interest charged on my account?

I have a lot of different types of charges:-

O/draft Interest, not very much only on average 50p;

Account Charge, ranges from £4 to £7;

O/draft usage Fee, £25;

O/draft Excess Fee, £20 to £25;

Thing is it's not in a statement format they must have just done a search on the transaction type CHG & FEE. So how do I know if I can claim for all of them?

I have the statements for all the transactions from 1997 to 2001 so they will be easier to disect but it's still going to take me ages. The charges total £1500 including all of the above types of charges. I'm ready to send my letter but I just need to know which ones are unlawful.

Also, at what point do I need to work out the interest thing? I'm a bit confused by it all and have read a few other posts but it still doesn't make 100% sense.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Claire :)

O/draft Interest, not very much only on average 50p; *See below

Account Charge, ranges from £4 to £7; ** See below

O/draft usage Fee, £25; YES

O/draft Excess Fee, £20 to £25; YES

Also, at what point do I need to work out the interest thing? I'm a bit confused by it all and have read a few other posts but it still doesn't make 100% sense.

*** See below

*Overdraft interest - You should only claim for OD interest that was caused solely by charges, i.e. not simply because you were overdrawn. If your statements brake these figures down then fine -otherwise it could be complicated.

**Account charge - unless these costs are in relation to an account fee, where you pay a premium per month and get special offers etc etc, then reclaim them

***Interest - This is only added once you issue court proceedings.

Take a little more time to read through our FAQ section, and things will look a lot clearer.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I received my letter to say that they weren't going to give me my money back as I signed up to their terms and conditions when I opened my account so looks like I'm in it for the long haul. Don't mind though as I'm just going to do everything by the book and hopefully I'll get somewhere at the end of it. I'll be sending my LBA tomorrow and giving them 14 days to respond before I issue court proceedings.

One quick question though. I know that I have to add on the interest when I take the claim to court but do I put it in the LBA letter also to let them know that I will also be claiming interest at 8%?

Thanks

Claire

It's already mentioned in the template LBA:

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

just a quick question. I'm submitting my money claim after Lloyds have failed to acknowledge my LBA. I've given them the required 14 days and still no response at all so now on to filing my claim. What I need to know is that if I'm filing a claim for 2 bank accounts do I need to file a separate claim for each. When I've corresponded with Lloyds I've just included the total charges to be claimed on the one letter but I've highlighted that I am claiming for 2 accounts held.

Thanks

Claire

Hello Claire

I'm filling in my moneyclaim tonight - what did you use for Lloyds address ?

125 Colmore Row ?

Doesn't seem to work on Moneyclaim.

I'd hate to mess up now ..........

E.I.Addyo

Prelim Letter Sent 12th June 06

LBA Hand Delivered 23rd June 06 - Standard Responses.

Owed £2193.80

Court Questionnaire Completed.

S.C.& M AQ Received..........19th Sept 06

Pending Court Date

This is MY MONEY - I want it back !

Hi

I would use the registered office address thats in 3pt text at the bottom of any letter you receive from them i think its 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN.

Regards

adamski

Lloyds TSB (SARS) request sent 9th June 2006

£2191 Moneyclaim Issued 11/08/2006, Acknowleded 17th August Defence 14 Sep, AQ returned 5/10/2006.SETTLED IN FULL £2,670 26/11/2006/ Lloyds Credit Card SETTLED IN FULL £267

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL 15/09/2006 £829

Citicard (SARS) request sent 22nd June 2006 Moneyclaim issued 19th Sep, Defence and AQ received 5/10/2006, AQ returned 5/10/2006, part refund received 10/10/2006

GE MONEY SETTLLED IN FULL £400

Barclaycard Me and Mrs SARS sent 19/10/2006 settled £350

Welcome Finance PPI 2 accounts one settled £1018 waiting on other

GE Money PPI 1 account settled 8/5/2008 £560 2nd account SETTLED IN FULL £3,599.78p 15thAugust 2008

Lloyds TSB PPI CC complaint sent 10/04/2008

Black Horse PPI with FOS 20/05/2008

HFC PPI complaint sent 22/05/2008