Claim for flight cancellations not notified

GBA1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can guide me!

Brief history:

6 January: Booked accommodation + flights package with ebookers.com

Flights were with BA Connect, departure 25 March.

BA sold BA Connect to FlyBe and published ‘Cancellations Policy’ at some point.

3 March: BA notified cancellations to booking agent (I got the agents to admit that in a phone conversation!), but agent never notified me.

17 March: I rang BA to check status of flights and I found them cancelled (original email from agent said to reconfirm flights with airline 24 hours before departure).

17 March (Saturday): Rang booking agent. ‘Office that deals with that’ closed until Monday.

19 & 20 March: 6 phone conversations (3 hrs 37 minutes) + 2 emails sent to agent (no replies to any emails).

20 March: By 18:00 the only verbal offer from agents had been to be ‘wait-listed on unconfirmed flights with no guarantee, or a refund’.

I took that to be their only and final offer, terminated my call (after on hold for 20 minutes and total call duration 54 minutes) and made my own alternative arrangements.

Ebookers now claim that they could have offered me alternative BA flights after 18:00 on 20 March.

On my return, I wrote to the agents claiming £315.00 (flights + extra night at hotel) and £345 compensation (time spent dealing with agent + part loss of earnings additional day travel).

Agents offered refund of £89.70 for cancelled flight + £30.00 compensation, which I rejected in writing.

Exchanged 2 more letters, last one on 18 April giving the agent until 30 April to settle claim in full to avoid Small Claims Court.

28 April (today) got letter from agent rejecting my claim again.

The guidance I need is on how to formulate ‘Brief details of claim’ and ‘Particulars of claim’ on an N1 form. I reckon it ought to be something along the lines of ‘duty of care’ in contracts, etc. , and nothing to do with flight cancellations regulations as the agents claim.

I have a complete dossier to document everything, including detailed record of phone calls with notes on who said what to whom, exact times, durations, etc.

Any help will be much appreciated!

G