Capital One Refused Refund !

LouiseB24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I need some help

Every other bank has refunded my money but Crap one are seeming to be too dificult.

Basically They took £420 over 2 years.

They offered me £160 which I told them I would take as part payment and will carry on to collect the rest.

I just got the letter this morning

'Thank you for writing back to me about the refund of £160 we've added to your account (WHAT account??? Ive got nothing with them anymore ???? )

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this is unacceptable.

As I've already explaine, were confident our fees are both fair and legal and im disappointed to hear your concidering court action.

The OFT havent told us that were obliged to refund any fees and weve offeered refunds as a gesture of goodwill. Im afriad I wont be refunding all of the fees as youve asked and I wont be increasing the refund, as it is my final offer.

Can some one please advice, I want my £420, But I Dont want to go to court, shall I go to MoneyclaimOnline now or accept the £160?

The the letter gose on about keeping up payments but im no longer with them

Also, Ive told em twice allready that I have moved ( previous letter) adn they still proceed to send to my old address :|

Halifax - Won = 500

Natwest - Waiting

Cap One - Starting

go to moneyclaim you wont get it otherwise goodluck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Dont worry Louise, you will get your money back!!

I went to court (have a look at my thread on the barclaycard section - its titled Rocco v barclaycard)

Basically barclaycard with me offered me part payment and funnily enough sent it too my closed account.

I carried on and finally got a court date in April, Barclaycard showed up and there solicitor took me to one side. To cut a long story short basically they had paid up a day before court but barclaybard being stupid sent the cheque to the wrong address. So I settled with the solicitor in court to receive the payment again within two weeks.

The morale of the story is if you want your money back youve got to fight for it! No compnay will give you the money easily, they want to see if you are prepared to fight!!

Go for it! You have to take these to court or you wont get anywhere! They wouldnt offer me anything back until i submitted my claim on MCOL and then they offered it all back minus the CCI interest. I am fighting all the way to get this so I will be going to court.

Louise, they have'nt gone to court yet. Hang in there and follow the procedures on this site. There is a pattern and the letters you receive are standard responses. You have a lot of help here, and if you do have to go, which is very very slim, someone will be able to assist you i'm sure. Chin up ok?....

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Louise, I've had the same letter this morning offering a third of my charges I am claiming back from cap1.

I to have a closed account from 2 years ago. I will be sending them a rejection letter although I'm inclined to add a line requesting a payment by cheque for the full amount.

Don't worry, there is plenty of help on this site.

I will let you know how I go on but I will be sending the rejection letter today!!!

Hello,

Right the MCOL is done :O)

I wrote in the first letter that my account is defaulted,(asked for it to be taken off) however I have just looked on my Experian credit report, and Capital one is still saying its still Defaulted! How long dose it genrally take to come off?

Louise

Halifax - Won = 500

Natwest - Waiting

Cap One - Starting

They won't take it off straight away. Did you ask for the default removal all the way through your claim?..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers