Realist v Halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyway, just requested copies of all my statments from when I opened my account (2002 to today).

Once they are received I will look at all the charges and go from there.

Is there a sample letter availeble I can use to start the ball rolling?

Laters.

Realist (Brian)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, just requested copies of all my statments from when I opened my account (2002 to today).

Once they are received I will look at all the charges and go from there.

Is there a sample letter availeble I can use to start the ball rolling?

Laters.

Realist (Brian)

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

::1st Letter::

Used the template letter on the forums and its being sent via registered post tomorrow, now the waiting game starts.

Will keep you informed.

Laters

Brian

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thats a bummer... have a really good search for the special delivery slip or you might end up having to send it again.

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

Found it, remembered were it was.

Just done a track and trace and it was received on the 06/06/06 (:()

I downloaded and printed the proof of signature to save with my copies.

Laters

Update:

On the phone as I type asking Halifax if they have received the DPA letter and cheque I sent them, I know they have because I sent it special delivery and they would of received it on the 6th of April, I have downloaded the proof of delivery from Royal mail online. According to the member of Halifax staff on the phone, there is no letter or instruction on the computer system requesting bank statements.

If they do not send them and dont cash the cheque, what next?

I know what they owm me because I have a set of bank statements sent to me in March this year and no charges have been applied to the account since.

So, if they dont send them and dont cash the cheque can I go and make a claim straight away?

The Halifax chap on the phone is calling the head office asking whats up?

Laters

Halifax operator said the depertment that deals with the statements said the £10 cheque was to much and stated that I should cancel it.

I was then told to cancel the cheque for £10 and send a letter (fax in my case) to the dept saying that I have cancelled the cheque and to say to take the £5.00 from my account, they said this is a faster way to get my statements etc.

Did I do the right thing?

Laters

You are not requesting duplicate statements, you are making a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act. Therefore it is the £10 fee which applies.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

So why would Halifax tell me to cancel the cheque and tell them to take the charge for the statements for £5 directly out of my account?

Am I then not going down the correct route or are Halifax trying new tactics?

You are not requesting duplicate statements, you are making a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act. Therefore it is the £10 fee which applies.

The Halifax charge £5 for duplicate statements. However, they could easily cash this and refund £5 to you.

If you would rather the full SAR where more than just details of charges are shown, then I suspect that they might then charge £10. They have had so many requests for duplicate statements that they hardly read your letters anymore.

If you are happy to do as they say, then just cancel it and authorise the £5 feee from your account - however don't allow any more time to deal with your request... it's 40 days from the date they received a valid payment, not from when they get further authorisation by letter etc

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Statements came this morning, all 132 pages, poor postman had a heart attack :)

Anyway, totalled up the charges and it comes to a grand total of £1215.00 without interest etc.

So, what now?

What letter do I send to them requesting these charges to be refunded.

Laters

Statements came this morning, all 132 pages, poor postman had a heart attack :)

Anyway, totalled up the charges and it comes to a grand total of £1215.00 without interest etc.

So, what now?

What letter do I send to them requesting these charges to be refunded.

Laters

PS,

I did not receive any letter or note that states if there was any manual intervestion by any Halifax staff in regards to these charges, what do I do now?

You need to send the first of a few letters....the prelim request. A template is available from this site. Take a few minutes to read the FAQ section, it's all explained there. It becomes clearer the more you read it lol

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

So because they have not stated anything in regards to manual intervestion, I presume I need to send this letter now:

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

Letter no 1

Giving them the remaining days left out of the 40 to comply.

Laters

Also, do the 40 days start from the day they received my original letter?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks