Sidster V Barclays

Sidster

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This a great site and thanks to all involved.

Using the templates I sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) which was received by Barclays on 26/02/2007 - copy statements turned up exactly 40 days later on 07/04/2007.

Worked out the Barclays have taken £1,105.00 from my account over the past six years.

Sent my Preliminary Letter requesting payment and enclosing the schedule of charges on 10/04/2007. Barclays replied on 20/04/2007 with a standard letter saying they aim to find a solution within 4 weeks.

Have today sent my LBA to Barclays.

Sidster

Expect an offer soon. Probably about £550.

don't take it, will you?

;)

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't receive a settlement offer from Barlcays so I've filed a claim at my local County Court which was deemed served on 16 May.

Should I start putting the Court Bundle together now?

Also, if Barclays don't acknowledge the claim on time should I request Judgment in Default at the earliest opportunity, or, should I write to Barclays giving them a further 7 days?

HI Sidster, if it was deemed served on 16th May then not long now, 28 days.

You could start preparing the court bundle, but that is a long way of yet.

You can enter request Judgement by default but i would give them a couple of extra days as the courts are allowing them extra time.

Good luck Hope all goes well.

• 4 weeks later...

Barclays Customer Relations sent me an offer of £795.00 on 7 June 2007 - some 8 days after their legal team had acknowledged my County Court claim.

I've sent a letter to Customer Relations advising them that I reject their offer and have asked that they refer to their legal dept.

My claim (at the local County Court) was deemed served on 16 May and Barclays had until the 12 June to submit their defence.

Should I just wait to hear from the Court or should I request a Judgement?

you could phone the court to see if B's have actually filed a defence

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.