long story.... help?! Argos/Cabot

me_n_my_kids
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

Someone who is fab on here has been helping me for about 4 months with this case but advised me to come onto this bit as there are some rather knowledgeable 'Cabot-killers' on here who could maybe lead me the right way?

OC - Argos. Account opened in /around 2003

Account defaulted 2005 - Sent to moorcroft to collect debt. payment plan set up, regular payments made.

Found this site, sent CCA to Argos and moorcroft.

Reply from Argos- none

Reply from moorcroft - 'argos confirm due to age of account there is no credit agreement. please pay'

within a week or so:

Letter of assignment from cabot letting us know debt has been sold.

phone cabot - 'we dont have the debt, its a mistake, its moorcrofts'

phone argos - 'deal with moorcroft'

CCA to cabot - nothing (was jan)

Write to Argos asking them to confirm who has debt - no reply to TWO letters

Letter from FIRE - we now have the debt. please pay now

within a week - we will accept 50% of debt, pay now.

FIRE have been sent a CCA this week, no reply as yet but was only sent on Wed.

I know there are DPA issues here, CCA failures, and i think FIRE have some deeper problems, but im not sure what to do with all this. could someone point me in the right place to go?

sorry its so long :confused:

It certainly sounds like everyone is dropping this one because there is nothing to back up the claim of a debt even being owed. I'd have thought that even if there was the slightest chance of anyone thinking they might have a chance with this, Cabot would have been the ones to keep clinging limpet-like to the hope that they could bully you into submission.

The letter from Moorcroft is very important. You already have it confirmed in writing that there IS no agreement, nor is one ever going to be forthcoming.

I assume you already have obtained a copy of your credit report? If so, is there an indication of you being in default about this, and who has registered the default? I would say that this will indicate exactly who it is you should concentrate on. But more about that as and when.

Firstly you need to wait out FIRE's time by which they should comply. I've not heard of them, but I'm going to assume they are the absolute dregs of the debt collection industry, and a last ditch effort to make you pay up. When they finally fail to comply too, I suggest a polite letter telling them that they are the last in a long line of idiots who think they can harass you with impunity, and you demand that they write to you by return to confirm that they now consider that there is no debt to be paid. Failure to comply will see you raise a court action against them for compensation due to their continued failure to respect your right to privacy etc, etc.

You can then concentrate on your default removal. The more info you can tell about tat, the better. If there IS a default obviously.

It would be interesting to see what info any of this lot hold on you. Have you SAR'd any of them?

I hope that's enough to be going on with. Just shout if you have any more queries.

Thanks for your input on this one Seahorse.

Although we are progressing nicely with various issues, the Cabot web of deception might appear to require a different or more convoluted approach. With this in mind, and respecting the expertise of the "Caboteers", I am confident positive progress will be made.

The way I understand things Argos, mistakenly sold debts to both Moorcroft and to Cabot. As they had already been sold to Moorcroft, Cabot could not start recovering any of the debts.

I am not sure who FIRE are, but as Seahorse said... In the end it doesn't matter. As they have confirmed that there is no agreement, ignore their letters. If they call, just tell them that you have made a CCA request.

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Tbern,

For your info,

FIRE are a new part (renamed company) of the Cabot Group i.e. Kings hill (No2) Ltd

FINANCIAL INVESTIGATIONS & RECOVERIES (EUROPE)LTD

Co Reg No: 03958421

Reg Office: Glebe House 2 Clifton Road RUGBY CV21 3PX

Previous Trading Name ---KINGS HILL (No 2) Limited

As yet, this new company are not registered with the Information Commissioner…:shock:

Kind regards and continued luck with your case,

Turnaround

• Haha 1

Tbern,

For your info,

FIRE are a new part (renamed company) of the Cabot Group i.e. Kings hill (No2) Ltd

FINANCIAL INVESTIGATIONS & RECOVERIES (EUROPE)LTD

Co Reg No: 03958421

Reg Office: Glebe House 2 Clifton Road RUGBY CV21 3PX

Previous Trading Name ---KINGS HILL (No 2) Limited

As yet, this new company are not registered with the Information Commissioner…:shock:

Kind regards and continued luke with your case,

Turnaround

Glebe House... Where have I read that address before ???

Oh yeah their solicitors Hodsons and Message Service or whatever their called.

I wonder if FIRE employ anyone ?

tbern123 vs Cabot

Incorporation Date28-03-2000SIC Code7487Telephone NumberWeb AddressAddressGLEBE HOUSESIC DescriptionOTHER BUSINESS ACTIVITIES2 CLIFTON ROADIndustry DescriptionServicing of defaulted consumer receivables on behalf of the owners of the debt.RUGBYCV21 3PX

Key ValuesAccounts Date:11/2005 - 10/2006Turnover:378680Pre Tax Profit:111905Number Of Employees:-Shareholders Funds:78598

Guess they don't actually employ anyone then

tbern123 vs Cabot

If I was you, I would send a SAR to FIRE..

I am willing to bet, you will get a response from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

tbern123 vs Cabot

As I said before, I have been helping me n my kids for a while, and as soon as Cabot got involved thought it better to get Caboteers input.

An SAR will be isued should FIRE persist.

On behalf of the OP, and myself thanks for your input.

Kind regards ..... Turnaround

I'd be tempted to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) FIRE anyway. If they aren't registered with the Information Commissioners Office it will be very interesting to see what they say in response. They can't very well say they DON'T hold any data, as quite clearly they must do to service the account. And they can't say they DO, because then they are in the poo with the Information Commissioners Office. At least then you'll have a little bit more ammo to use against them. Although I think Ken must be using all the ammo up, as he has a fondness for shooting himself in the foot at every turn.

Oh, dear. I have a funny feeling there will now be a sudden rush to get themselves registered. Why do they so often try to get the stable door shut after the horse has long gone. :lol:

I often think Cabot should be paying we Caboteers a consultancy fee for the ways we point out the big yawning gaping humungous holes in what they may laughably describe as their operations.:)

Oh I do think we should invoice them. Take a figure based on doing absolutely sod all; triple it;add a bit of interest for fun and then get our non-existant team to put their name on the letterhead. Then we just sit up 24/7 calling them and sending lots of production line template letters and if that fails get jolly Hodsons to issue N1s without checking if there's case to answer. That's worth £10k of anyone's money.:D

hi all. thanks very much for your replies, had another letter from FIRE in the post, saying their client, cabot, is willing to accept half the debt, as F&F settlement, i think it goes without saying they have had no reply. i think our last letter prob crossed in the mail.

thanks for the advice, will post back when i hear anything more ;)

• 2 weeks later...
hi all. thanks very much for your replies, had another letter from FIRE in the post, saying their client, cabot, is willing to accept half the debt, as F&F settlement, i think it goes without saying they have had no reply. i think our last letter prob crossed in the mail.

thanks for the advice, will post back when i hear anything more ;)

Any update for we "cabotkillers" to deal with ? :D

Hi Andrew, and all.

Nope, theres nothing to tell at all, not one letter from any of them. tbh im shocked argos have never replied to my letters asking who i should be dealing with!! there IS a default for this account to work on. FIRE was sent a CCA on april 25th, so sitting that out as advised for the moment, wont be long till times up! :)

OMG im raging, please help, for the sake of my health if nothing else! my BP must be wayyyyyy up.

so i sent FIRE a cca request, and they have replied with 'thanks for the payment to your account which shows a willingness to pay, please call to arrange a payment plan'

That £1 was for the CCA!!!! please please please give me some advice! im so mad! :mad:

Thanks guys x

Hi,

Did you state in your letter that the £1 fee was specifically for the CCA request?

If so, I wouldn't worry too much, Cabot and Link did exactly the same to me!

Sit back and see if they send you anything. Stick to the timescales. (12 days + 1 month).

Best wishes, Jeff.

Hi,

Did you state in your letter that the £1 fee was specifically for the CCA request?

If so, I wouldn't worry too much, Cabot and Link did exactly the same to me!

Sit back and see if they send you anything. Stick to the timescales. (12 days + 1 month).

Best wishes, Jeff.

Jeff is spot on.

FIRE/Cabot are making things up as the go along. They can do what they like with your £1.00, both you and FIRE know this payment was made for a CCA request, not a reduction of your debt.

You have made your request and the clocking it ticking....

Tick tock Cabot, your time will soon be up.

tbern123 vs Cabot

• 2 weeks later...

ok, strange!

Letter from cabot, asking to pay, of course, and saying they are sending me a cheque for £3 to cover the payments ive made to various places asking for the cca. moorcroft already told me it doesnt exist. cabot have recalled the debt from fire and insist they are correctly registered.

they said that they are asking argos for the cca as a matter of urgency..........

what do you cabot experts think?