BankFodder BankFodder

hammered

Hammered vs SMILEY

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3821 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

well im not smiling after they charged me £280 one month!

ive sent the prelim letter today....£590 in total

hammered vs Smile-(£590)---------paid out

hammered vs MSDW cc-(£48)------ongoing

recived the latter back saying they are looking into it, was posted same day mine arrived......

ok receivd letter back

dear mr xxxxx, this is just to say we are looking into your complaint and a member of our (blah blah) will get back to you in 4 weeks. this will be by phone (blah blah.)

some more (blah )about making me aware of the complainst procedure.

should i wait or carry on? it is about time for me to send the LBA to them anyways...

me thinks i should just go ahead and send it .........

cheers

actually i think looking at the other posts i should just send the LBA off as it isnt actually a complaint they are just stalling me

here goes

Yes definitely carry on. As others have said on here, this isn't a complaint it's legal action.

LBA has been sent :)

standard reply recieved :( .

good news ! smile have repaid the charges in full! as a good will gesture, so im pretty please and maybe i should push some more business their way ?

unless of course they close my account after 8 weeks like one of the previous threads.....

well the accounts still open...

Looks like you got your charges back before the OFT v Banks test case started. Hope you've had no more hassle.:)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Smile are the limit now if they return a cheque they dont take the 30.00 out of your account for 30 days then charge you 20.00 for doing it how fair is that and when you send them a secure message they dont reply for at least 36hrs and not then I had to phone them it makes me made