• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

nick49 v NatWest. let the fun begin**WON**

nick49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I've been a member of this site for a while now and have been reading through the forum trying to decide if i should put in my own claim.

On the 30th march i thought i've got nothing to lose but potentially a lot to gain, so i sent the Data Protection Act request. On wednesday this week i got a brown envelope that was quite tatty. When i opened it it had my statements from 2002 to 2004. At first it annoyed me as i knew most of my charges were from after then, but i thought i'd wait and see if they sent the rest.

On thursday i got another tatty brown envelope with the rest of the statements. I also got the standard letter.

I have had a quick flick through and have found over £6000 :o of charges (i'm going to work it all out tomorrow). There were also some charges that just had my account number next to which i wasnt sure what they were for as i knew there was some charge for having an advantage gold account. After reading through another thread i have found that i can claim this back too minus the £6 adgd fee. Can anyone confirm this is right and i have read it right?

Also there are interest charges on the statements, can i claim these back too?

When i sent the Data Protection Act letter i sent it to my local branch with just a standard postage. Where should i send further letters?

Do i just fill in all the charges onto the spreadsheet and take a print off and send it with the next letter?

Sorry for all the questions i just want to make sure i get it all right. From the other threads i have read everyone seems to be very helpful and if it hadn't been for all the support i've seen on this site i probably wouldn't be making this claim.

Also as a final thing i just want to say congratulations to everone that has sucessfully claimed and to everyone in the process of claiming, its about time the banks had a taste of their own medicine.:D

:p

After reading through another thread i have found that i can claim this back too minus the £6 adgd fee. Can anyone confirm this is right and i have read it right? Yes, just deduct the AG fee from the charges to get the correct amount

Also there are interest charges on the statements, can i claim these back too? Yes, you can claim back the portion of interest that sent you overdrawn/over your overdraft. download the correct spreadsheet to work this out.

When i sent the Data Protection Act letter i sent it to my local branch with just a standard postage. Where should i send further letters? Prelim and LBA go to the Borehamwood address - look at the Natwest Contacts Sticky by livelylad.

Do i just fill in all the charges onto the spreadsheet and take a print off and send it with the next letter? fill in all the charges depending on the spreadsheet you're using. But hide the 8% interest colum because this can only be awarded at the court stage.

Welcome on board with the nat west forum nick! There's loads of support and advice available on here, so just post on this thread if you ever need help. Good luck, hedgey xxx

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Guest NATTIE

I would add deduct the advantage gold fee, IF you had the account. Make sure you check the changed in Advantage gold becuase it was £6 then £9 then £10 and now £12. Make sure the amount deducted is correct though.

Nick, read Nattie's sticky on Advantage Gold and unarranged borrowing. Along with his sticky on Natwest charges - you'll get the definitive guide on what you can and can't claim back. Good luck! Hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Guest NATTIE

unarranged borrowing and advantage gold to be revamped over the weekend and possibly new advice on advantage gold after having consulted mods on this

hi,

thanks for the replies. i have just finished working out what they owe and it comes to £7306. i've not added the interest on that they charged me as my od limit changed and i cant remember how much it was and when. i do have another couple of questions. sorry.

on the spreadsheet what do i put down the charges as when it just says charge (where they have put my advantage gold fee in with a charge). i've worked out what they are by taking of the advantage gold fee, but do i just call it a charge or is it a unarranged borrowing fee?

also as i have a default on this account on the prelim letter it says about the default in red do i print it off in red or leave it as black? stupid question i know.

and whats the most anybody has claimed so far?

i cant beleive how much mine has worked out to. well i cant beleive they have got away with it anyway.

hi everyone,

i have now printed of the schedule of charges and the prelim letter. and they will be sent recorded delivery first thing in the morning.

when do the 14 days start? do i start it from the day after i send it and is it 14 working days. thanks for any help.

Hi Nick, if you sent if 1st class recorded delivery, the calender starts the following day - and it's calender days (not working days). Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone,

i'm just about to go and send my LBA. as they didnt bother replying to my prelim letter. Like a lot of people on here i was surprised to see a bank win the other day, and i'm sure there were others like me that thought maybe the end has come for this and its not worth carrying on with the claim.

then i came on this site and read through many different forums and it turns out that this could actually be a good thing that they won.

so instead of thinking i'm not sure whether to carry on or not i'm now thinking B******S to it! bring it on natwest. i'm not stopping til i've got what i came for.

i just want to thank everyone because if i hadnt read posts in the last few days about lloyds winning i might not be thinking the same. so thank you everyone. :grin:

Nick, a tiny ripple in an ocean of bank charge claims. If an appeal goes ahead it could well turn into a tidal wave against the banks. Good luck with your claim.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone,

Just to keep you all updated, on thursday last week (14/06)i decided to email natwest as they hadn't bothered to even send a letter acknowledging that i had sent them letters, i just said how disappointed i was that a company as big as there's hadn't bothered to even send a letter stating they were looking into it. etc

On monday this week i got an email back saying they had sent me a letter on 08/06 and they hoped i would receive it soon. I looked at it and thought thats 10 days surely i would have got it by now. The only reason i hadnt started court action was because of a lack of money i was waiting til i get paid this week.

When i got home today, i had a letter from them dated 8th june (i'm not sure its taken all this time to get to me but never mind) i read through all the usual rubbish about how all their charges are fair, and they had sent me 3 leaflets on how their charges etc.

Then on page 2 it said that as a goodwill gesture they would refund the full £7306!!!!! and the rest of the rubbish saying that the charges are not unfair.

For a second i actually liked natwest because i would be getting MY money. They have however put on the letter that they will be paying it direct into my account. The problem i have is i dont know how i'm going to get my money as i've not used the account for over a year and assumed it was closed. I think i'm going to call them in the morning to ask for a cheque, does anyone know if they will do this?

p.s. many thanks for all the help through this not just on my thread but on the others that i have read through that have also helped. As soon as i get my hands on the money i will be making a donation to the website. thanks again

:) :) :)

hi all,

hope you are all well. i received a letter from natwest on wednesday for the full amount i was claiming for, it said the money would be paid direct into my account. i sent the acceptance letter back today.

The only problem i have is they have defaulted me on this account (about 18 months ago) and i have not used it since then and no longer get any letters from them about the account. I assumed the account had been closed which i now assume it isn't. i guess what i need to know is how can i get my money when they pay it into the account? sorry if its a stupid question.

thanks

nick

i am in a similar position to yourself

i assumed my account was closed as i no longer received statements and it dissapeared from nat wests online banking screen. I had made a formal arrangement to take care of it and its still running.

Will there be any money left for yourself when they pay your money into the defaulted account ??

i rejected their offer and assume they will settle by cheque just before the court date , though i could be wrong

regards

stl

hi sti,

thanks for the reply, when they pay it in there will be around £5500. obviously i want this money but dont really know how i get it can i just go in to my local branch and ask them to close my account or is there no actual account there? thanks

hi all,

i just called natwest and the money has been paid into my account, because i had a default i had to talk to credit management they said it has cleared what i still owed, and they will send me a cheque for whats left, but the cheque wont be sent for another 10 days, so i will keep you updated.

thanks

• 1 month later...

hi everyone,

just to let you know that i received my cheque and it has now cleared. thanks to everyone on this site for all your help and support, if it hadnt been for this site then i wouldnt have seen this through. and to anyone still claiming stick with it and it will all work out.

thanks again

nick

Hi nick, that's great news!

CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done!

Enjoy the cash - best wishes, hedgey xxx

:D :D :D :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

th_Congratulations.gif

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.