Legal and Trade

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad:

Hi anyone heard of Legal and Trade, Apparently they represent Capital Bank, and they are chasing 3800 spent on a credit card.

I was dealing witha nother firm on this matter, but had heard nothing from them since I requested a copy of my credit agreement, that was back in september last year.

Any advice anyone..........I have had numerous calls, but as yet have not mafe contact with them.

If you made a formal request under the CCA, and supplied the correct fee (£1) then the debt is in dispute until they provide the Agreement and therefore they should not be phoning you.

Do you have proof that they received your request (Recorded Delivery POD, or evidence the cheque was cashed)?

If so there's a template letter kicking about somewhere which reminds them of their obligations.

You should also be reporting them to Trading Standards and the OFT as they have committed an offence :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)