Banks in court 05/04/07

veilside01702
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SOUTHEND ON SEA.....

I have just been advised that a number of test cases are being heard at Southend on sea, court on 5th April 2007.

Apparently the court has had enough of the banks settling prior to court action...

I am going to find out when these are happening and try and go to see the outcome.......

I will find out and post with as much info as possible....

If the banks lose in court....does that mean a precident was set?????

As Natwest haven't filed a defence through cobbetts in my case.....and tomorrow is their last day to do this....

Courts shut at 12 tomorrow due to Easter.....so I am going to drop the request for judgement in when they close.....so it will be waiting for the court on tuesday when they re-open after easter.....

So could be bailiffs going into Natwest to get my money......Local newspapers will be informed.....lol

Oh goody, that be the judge i saw then i exepct, he wasnt happy with several asepcts of the banks behaviour that day.

As to a test case, the banks are likley to settle prior to the hearing or give in when they attend at least this is what has happened histroically.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Are these test cases in the Small Claims or fast track??

I wouldn't get to excited about Cobbets.. They will file a defence at the last minute, and even if they don't applying for judgement may not do you any favours. The chances are they will apply for the case to be set aside, which will drag it all that little bit longer...

Just don't be to hasty..

Jos

Thanks Glen and josamolly,

I was getting carried away thinking I may get paid out quickly....lol

As for the court cases tomorrow they are behind closed doors, results posted by court on tuesday.....

I guess they will all pay out before....lol

Anyone help on my letter to Natwest/cobbetts and the court please??

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/79795-urgent-advice-needed-letter.html

thanks....

Russ

I would do as Josa says and hang fire till next tuesday at least. Cobblers have until this next tuesday to get their defence in, on my case, and havent as yet, although I do expect they will at last second. But its not always best to jump straight in and go for judgement. Read up on the cases where its best to wait a few days to show youve allowed them even longer, etc. etc. it tends to look better in your favour rather than go for judgement on day 1 when you can. Last thing you want is for a further delay and set aside or stay.................. give em 3/4 more days extra before rushing for judgement........ Only my opinion, but thats what Im gonna do. Fendy xx

veilside

as josamolly mentioned there is a high probability that cobbetts will file a defence (cobbetts faxed there defence in my case on the last day) so calm down and wait to see what happens,u have plenty of time to write letters to the court & cobbetts so hang fire for now as mistakes can cost you time & money

be patient & be wise my friend

u will get your money but they may well drag the time out

hope this helps

Scott

What gives you the impression these are test cases?

I doubt that very much. For a start they aren't even in the Mercantile Court.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I called the court about my case today and the person in charge there told me they have a number of "test cases" being heard in private chambers tomorrow. I was told that the magistrates had got sick of the bank settling and were interested in actually hearing the cases to make judgements....

I was told they were being impartial but they felt the banks are abusing the system....

I am only going by what they told me today....lol

I was also told that I can find out the rulings from tuesday, due to the easter holiday....

But wasn't allowed to attend due to the sensitive details being discussed!!

Or the claimants account details....lol

You never know....they might actually turn up.....(Me thinks Not!)

They will do sooner or later.....

Russ