NatWest Credit Card Charges

macmonkey1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Yesterday I received an offer from NatWest Cards Customer Service, stating that they'll refund the difference between my £20 overlimit/late payment fee charges. The letter goes on to say that this should be treated as their final response and if I don't like it I need to go to the Financial Ombudsman Scheme.

I haven't had this with any other banks, they've ust paid up qquickly or after a few letters (other than shAbbey that is!) Just wondered if going through the ombudsman is going to take ages and ages, or if I can keep writing to the NatWest directly?

Cheers

Hi macmonkey................ reject their offer and keep going with the claim!! The £12 charge they're talking about is still an unlawfully applied charge. Keep going for the full amount - good luck, hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Stick to the CAG process and you'll have your money back soon. What stage are you at with them? Prelim, LBA????????????

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Go for it macmonkey................ LBA with a 14 day deadline.............. you want ALL THE MONEY BACK........... not just what they want to settle with you for!!! good luck mate, hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Same here.

I issued a Small Claims action against Shat Vest yesterday for EXACTLY this.

My charge was in Feb 06 (£20 + £10 so £30) and they haven't mentioned the £10 charge. But they kindly told me that the offer was for the difference between the £20 and it's new £12 charge plus interest etc was now £25.44. Effectively it's £8 plus interest etc over 14 months or so. So, using this calcuation, I reckon the £30 they charged me is now around £95.

I'd have accepted the £30 in the first instance to save hassle. However, now they've got me rilled, it's costing them MUCH more.

At what point are the big investors in these banks going to turn around and question this lunacy?

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

At what point are the big investors in these banks going to turn around and question this lunacy?

My thoughts exactly!!!!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've had a response to my LBA stating that the bank have already given their final response. I didn't really want the court hassle so I wrote another LBA, this time adding in interest and a 'without prejudice' offer (deviation from the CAG process I know, but it's worked before for HSBC and NatWest bank) - this only got a 'we've given our final response' letter too.

NatWest credit cards also keep trying to send me of to the Financial Ombudsman. I just wondered if anyone else has had any experience with this Financial Ombudsman Scheme process? Or would it be quicker just to file an MCOL? If so, I'll need some help with the complex interest spreadsheet!

Thanks,

Andy

I'm going to submit MCOL, but before I do I wanted to check I've completed the complex interest spreadsheet correctly. Is there anyone who has already done this for cc charges and could take a look? I'm just not 100% that I've completed it correctly for the months where there have been a late payment and an overlimit charge applied.