• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case on this topic that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Should this ever happen to me, I will make an appeal at the first stage to avoid any problems that may occur at a later stage. Although, any individual in a similar position should decide for themselves what they think is an appropriate course of action. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HSBC CC Claimform

Isiris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DPA sent today under Special Deliver Next Day B4 1pm

These accounts have had CCJs

Applying to court for a set aside order

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your item with reference as delivered from our EAST LONDON Delivery Office on 02/06/06

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

• 3 weeks later...

Though I would just send them a little reminder.

On 1st June 2006 I sent by special delivery, a request for a list of all transcations and charges on my account.

The adress used was

Ma Alan Pretty

Senior Service Quality Officer

HSBC Bank PLC

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

It was revceived at 7.05am by PAM BAKER

I note with interest, that while HSBC have been on posseion of my request now for 18 days, you have not cashed my cheque. Considering that there is an enforced Time Limit of 40 days, I trust that I will receive my request in a short period of time.

Regards

They have 40 days to comply not cashing your cheque does not have any bearing on this.I would not contact them again until it comes to 7 days before the deadline and only then send them a reminder if you have not recieved your papers.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Not received anything and they still havenot cashed the cheque. What would you advise as a text for a reminder.

Thanks

Just write a short note saying on xx date I sent a SAR you had 40 days to comply , I would like to remind you that you have xx days left .

just short and to the point .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Many Thanks

Right, there 40 days is up as of today

I phoned yesterday and left a message informing them I will pursue and a lady phoned me back. I explained the situation and said, not having a go at you deer, but I want them by tomorrow or i will go to court.

Now I am a bit vague here as to what to do. I have looked around but there seems alot of scenarios to deal with. ANY advice would be appreciated

Thanks

I have just had one of there telephone operators in turmoil. I nearly felt sorry for him at the end.

He said, that they had not received my request. He did however say that they sent a letter to me on 21st June 2006 saying that they had not received my letter but would send me out Statements. All ok up to now.

He said they sent them on the 21st June 2006 to my spanish address LOL

I said ok, I will give you 7 days from now to supply them to me but I am amazed that you ignore my emails. i have sent them to Alan Pretty and Paul Beaumant he then said oh they dont receive emails, they are for internal purposes only, if you sent one to them they will just ""GET LOST IN CYBER SPACE". Are you sure I query, yes definately.

OK then, if you say they get lost, how can you have written me a letter on the 21st to tell me you havent received a DPA when the only way I have communicated to you is vis A pretty and P Beaumants email address. If as you said they didnt receive emails, then how were you aware of my request if as you say you didnt receive my recorded delivered letter.

I could hear the coffee splutter from here

• 5 months later...

I have today received a Court Summons form HSBC for a disputed debt. Fine, saves me having to go through the LBA etc

HOWEVER, it sayds, Solicitors Costs, 70. I thought you could not recover such costs. If you can recover an amount pro rata to the claim, should we or can we

Actually I'd be interested in this too as I 've had a warning letter saying they will take me to court if I don't contact them ( I have they just mislaid my letter so I am sending another). This letter has included on it what the court costs will be etc and it has an £80 solicitors fee.

i think you will find those costs are not related to issuing the court proceedings assuming its in the scc.

Its for debt collection probably, could be wrong but i have seen on the tv numerous times where the company recliaming the debt charges the debtor for the costs of doing so.

However, in the scc they cant claim costs generally. be interested in any other views i think its important to specify exactly what the cost is listed as for anyone to comment correctly.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn UK said:
i think its important to specify exactly what the cost is listed as for anyone to comment correctly.

Glenn

Glenn

It says Solicitors cost, 70 ?

Anyone know this please

Anyone please

Just help a little more please :)

Is it actually a court-sealed N1 form with the bottom right hand boxes saying "Amount claimed", "Court fee", "Solicitor's costs" and "Total amount"?

How much is the amount claimed?

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Hi

Im actually contemplating asking for the claim to be struck out as the particulars are slim to say the least

The claimants claim is for the sum of 563.49 in respect of monies due under an agreement in writing and the claimants claim the sum of 563.49.

This is for an HSBC CC all with charges. No claim for section 69 though. That is the extent of their claim

Now to answer your question

Amount Claimed 563.49

Court Fee 70.00

Solicitors Costs 70.00

Total Amount 703.49

So they are including in their claim 70.00

Not tooo bothered as I say because I will either issue a counter claim or ask for it to be struck off OR ask for the original copy of the CCA. Yes it is court sealed from Northampton

Thanks in advance

Somehting in the back of my mind seems to tell me they can claim for the cost of issueing the claim but not for the rest of it i.e. preperation for court, negotiations etc.

Cant think where ive heard this though.

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Yeah, I'm not too sure either Glenn.

I'd have said that they shouldn't be allowed solicitor's costs for a claim in small claims (which clearly £563 is :) ) - maybe check with the court? If there's a clause in your agreement that allowed them to pass litigation costs on to you, then I'd have expected them to add that to the amount before filling in the N1.

If you've got more charges to claim back than the debt, then (IMHO) this would be a good time to put them in a counterclaim.

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

In Gomba Holdings (UK) Limited v Minories Finance Limited (No 2) [1972] 3 WLR 723 the Court held that the Defendant mortgagees had a contractual right to recover costs, charges and expenses incurred in the litigation on an indemnity basis.

They have a contractual right to add litigation costs and there is little scope to argue that the litigation costs are unreasonable or otherwise punitive - in particular if they can show that this is what they have been billed by their solicitors.

£70 is not unreaasonable to file a claim such as this.

• Haha 1

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 1 month later...

I have just returned from Holiday.

HSBC card services had issued a claim for money owed against me but I counterclaimed saying that they owed me alot more from charges.

There solicitors, GPB, then sent a consent order saying they would wipe of the debt if I forgot about my counter claim.

I sent in a CCA request and heard nothing. I therefore sent in a request to have the claim struck out as no CCA aggreement, no claim.

The hearing was on 12th Feb while I was away.

While away, I received a witness statement and a list of all the payments that I had made but the important part was

A copy of the agreement is no longer available. The copy agreement was destroyed in May 2006. It is HSBC policy not to retain documents and records for longer than necessary in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. As such, HSBC retain documents for a maximum of 6 years.

Now I do not know what the judge has said or ordered as I have received no notification from the court, But surly that statement is a load of rubbish.

1. The Data Protection Act does not say destroy everything after 6 years.

2. If you are actively chasing the debt then surly it is better to protect your interests by saving all the documents.

They also say in their statement that the account is subject to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I can feel an appeal coming on

Hi. I don't understand this - how can they prove there is even an Agreement in place if they can't produce one? (

Have you read the Consumer Credit Agreements thread? )

- Notwithstanding the fact that they probably wouldn't be issuing you with another card as they are claiming against you, S85 of the CCA states that card issuers must send you a true copy of the originally executed agreement every time they send you a new card. So if we look at the scenario whereby neither you or HSBC had any dispute with each other, and your account was running satisfactorily, when they issued you with a new card on expiry of the current one, how could they satisfy S85 if they have destroyed the original agreement?

I think they are in breach of....well just about everything! I have linked this post on to the CCA thread - and I'm sure some of my learned friends over there may have something to say as the day rolls on!

I have just returned from Holiday.

A copy of the agreement is no longer available. The copy agreement was destroyed in May 2006. It is HSBC policy not to retain documents and records for longer than necessary in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. As such, HSBC retain documents for a maximum of 6 years.

I spotted this in another thread. They are trying, badly, to use part of the Data Protection Act designed to protect you which states that nobody can hold your personal records longer than necessary.

mmm think a judge would destroy that argument very quickly....

as ladybird says, go to the main CCA thread and see what we are all doing: you need to send them a default notice and begin your claim for Consolidation - your claim will be bigger than you expect - which I suspect was their clever reason to offer to backoff....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lets get this straight, the piece of paper in question is not a piece of personal data, it has many more ramifications than that. It is a legal contract (agreement) between you and the bank and that if they decide to destroy it, they are breaking the rules. A credit card or loan last much longer than 6 years. Hey, I'll try that arguement with the mortgage company 'what mortgage, surely you must have destroyed everything by now? Under the Data Protection Act you are obliged to. Hasta la vista debt, free houses!'

In fact, lets go further than that, lets use that statement to get everyone with an HSBC credit card to stuff the balance and claim back all interest paid as they don't hold agreements longer than 6 years.

I wouldn't bother appealing, I'd just tell them that you're going to the press with it!

Hi Isiris

The Data Protection Act is a bit woolly with regard to retention periods, true.

They do have an obligation to hold data for 5 years by the money laundering regulations in the form of transactions, copy ID and sig's.

I believe, there is also a requirement to hold data all for 6 years by the Basel II accord (though I'm not entirely sure whether the relevant "column" has been passed for action yet).

And as a firm listed on the US stock exchange they are subject to the Sarbanes Oxley Act, under which they must hold data for at least 7 years post IRS audit. It is slightly unclear exactly what data they are required to hold under this act as a foreign firm, I will try and find out though.

Hope that’s of use to you.

Rosie :)

BTW, if they are still processing your data without a signed agreement giving them authority, I would be inclined to ask them to stop forthwith. IMO no agreement + personal data processing = breach of the Data Protection Act (HSBC have removed a default from my file using this argument)