African Igbo vrs Barclays/Woolwich

african_igbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi African Igbo,

Barclays may file their Defence at the last minute or even several days late. So don't get excited if Defence isn't in on time as the Courts usually accept their late defence.

The T&C's are an important part of your case so you should make sure you have them ready - have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/101412-document-library-work-progress.html for those that match your claim best.

Regards, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I signed up and I have got Bs 2000, Bs Additions 2001 and 2002. So onl3 3 more to go.

Will monitor I got time I hope on my side anyway and I got a mare ready to press out my Court Bundle when ready just my Bank Statements that I am going to take a hit (Pay) with.

Cheers CAG for your help.

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

Hi African Igbo (Great name but wassit mean?),

just my Bank Statements that I am going to take a hit (Pay) with.

Didn't understand this, please explain.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Igbo is Nigerian tribe located South East part of the Country.

Sorry for the confusion I wll have to pay for my copy of the Bs bank statements to be copied

the court bundle I have a mate in the Office Stationary Business who will make 3 copies of the court bundle. I have just received notice that Bs will defend and that their Defence has been filed. Thus got a Allocation Questionnaire to fill out. Please advice as I got to complete before the 27th of July.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi I have read and digested the the thread regarding New Strategy for Allocation Questionnaire and thus printed off for further reading and understanding I have got a N149 (Small Claims fast track). I assume I add to Section G - the "other information" N149 Allocation Questionnaire - then have to submit the claimants doc's a), b), c) and d) of the order.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi African Igbo, Thanks for the info on last page - nice to learn.

Re your AQ, I assume you've been here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html and digested it all.

Section G, complete per the guide and file AQ at Court including the Draft Order for Directions. IF THE JUDGE AGREES and uses your Draft Order, then you have to file and serve your case documents listed at a,b,c & d. within 14 days of the Judges Order.

Come back with any queries, Slick

Excellent link got notes to read and digest and tomorrow or over the week end send.

Thanks again.

Fingers x As I am hoping that Bs back down and settle to a satisfactory figure.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi again I have completed the form in pencil and attached the Section G - "other information inc of my Name and and Bs I note that I have been given a Small Claims Mediation Service form and details is it best to ignore this opportunity service.

Thx

Master Sun SAID:

Hi Folks sending my n149 Tomorrow after reading and digesting before finally checking it over. I have had my friend print out 3 copies of the Court Bundle So Bs Im nearly there I did get 3 of of the 6 Terms and Conditions for Bs Additions Account Holders So hope to see the 4 shortly.

I Did not receive any feed back or acknowledgment from Paul Quinn as Dino had returned my email to confirm that P Quinn was apparently dealing with my case.

Never mind I don't care know I will see if I can get the full amount as I was willing to shave a few hundred of it but if I do win will start the process again for the last 3 months as well!.

Master Sun SAID:

Just an update my N149 AQ and the attached Request for Draft Order have been posted today. Got until 27/07/07 to reach the Courts.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi All just an update I haven't received anything so far since I sent AQ and Draft order by recorded delivery.

Master Sun SAID:

I note that I haven't received anything and my AQ and draft order have been delivered to Court using recorded delivery. What is next and should Barclays sent me something by now!. As it's the 31st of July and the 27/07/07 has long gone.

Master Sun SAID:

Hi AI

Check online with the http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geunoiEa9GKaIAs41LBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE5MzN2bjdoBGNvbG8DZQRsA1dTMQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZANVSzAyNjRfMjY0/SIG=11dgsbng7/EXP=1185964706/**http%3A//www.royalmail.com/ and see what date the court received your documents. Then you can just ring them up and give them a nudge about the fact that you've had no response from your Draft Directions received by them xx/xx/xx

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

I have just telephoned the Courts and Barclays have failed to comply to the AQ mine is in theirs is not. I am now going to request a judgment as Bs have failed at this point.

Please advise.

Master Sun SAID:

If you can win on a non-compliance technicality then go for it immediately.

Don't celebrate yet, the judge may allow extra time for the bank - entirely wrong in my eyes but some judges have been 'bending' procedure in favour of the Defendants sadly.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

I just had a call from Paul Quinn and stated that they will defend and it's possible that the Post Strike has delayed their AQ side of things plus he Mentioned that all Banks are unlikely to pay out for any charges until OFT test case is sorted apparently theres "Notice of Stay" thus could be ages before the outcome of this case is known.

Usually "crap" one rule for one and anoter "rule" for another my AQ would have been thrown out without a doubt but Bs big pockets can have a few days extra on the house.

Master Sun SAID:

Paul Quinn at Bs has told me the case will likely last for at least a couple of years to resolve, "What the Hell" I am awaiting a Court Date a date to conclude I assume that I will have to wait a couple of years while they make a deal that possible takes into consideration this and that and we'll end up with out every pound they got of ours they can keep thirty pence in the pound or some thing.

Please can some one confirm as I am ready for "Court" with my Court Bundle printed and 2 of the six T&Cs my folders with indexing the lot.

Master Sun SAID:

Ok i would take what PQ and the lit team say with apinch o salt at the moment ........ How does he even know that courts are going to accept any proposed stays .........

I would apply to have theit defence thrown out on the grounds of non compliance to the order for the AQ