Jump to content

Advice Needed


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone, I just need some advice first of all really. I had an old student account with Lloyds TSB and of course had a big overdraft with the in the end :(


Anyway i have had some cash flow problems and the account was over its limit all the time due to the bank charges they kept throwing at me. So in the endthe overdraft limit was removed in the end and the outstanding amount i owed has now been passed to legal and trade for collection.


I currently owe £1125 and i am sure a good part of that is made up of bank charges so i would like to make a claim to see what i can back to help me clear the debt.


However with the account already being with Legal and Trade i was wondering if there was anything i could do to get them off my back while i sort out these charges? I paid £100 the other day to shut them up but i really would not like to keep paying big amounts out because i cannot afford to do so Any advice?



Thanks in Advance for your help



Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, you can try offering them a lower amonut of money tell them that you can only afford to pay £25/£50 per month. Tell them if they agree to that then you will pay the agreed lower amount each month they should settle for that.

Lloyds settled in full



Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D


Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D

Link to post
Share on other sites



I was is a similar situation about 2 yrs back owing them just over £800.

I told them i was is financial difficulty and would have a problem being able to pay high monthly amounts of money back to them. The best thing you could do for the mean time is give them a call ,explain your situation but make out you are paying out a little more that what you actually are but don't go overboard. Ask them if they can put you on a payment plan,they may freeze the interest for a short period which will give you a cooling off period. They can be quite reasonable if you show you are willing to make regular payments. I have had a lot of dealings with lloyds in this area and have always managed to sort somthing out with them.


I am assuming this has gone to lloyds collections department..?


Good luck..!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh..btw.. just thought i'd add.. i still now owe them a little over £200 and have just reciently made an arragement to £10 per month.........3 days later i had a letter through my door saying the accepted £6 per month:-)

Not gonna argue with that...! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...