barclaycard lost my account information

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4889 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone help - i have sent off for my statments from Barclaycard, got account number from a old statement i have. nearly 40 days later they have sent me a letter saying that they cannot find any details of my account, as it may have been deleted and to contact them with any change of name or address i have not changed my name and had given them previous address on the letter requesting statements. They have given me 14 days to reply otherwise they close my case. The account i had with them was open from 2001 -2004. so am i right in thinking they should not have deleted the information. - not sure what to do, is there anything i can do?

Hi, Personally I would write back to them with a photocopy of the statement you have. I would also have a look at this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80683-please-post-how-far.html#post715531

It's not a template but I think the idea in the last paragraph is a good one!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Just an update i called barclaycard had a massive arguement with the manager of customer services and the poor guy who answered my call - basically they were trying to get me to send another letter with my barclaycard number on it and they will look into it. i said i would definatley not be writing another letter as the orginal letter has all my information and what they require on it and they have untill 17 May (40 day deadline) to have my statements though the door otherwise i will not hesitate to file a claim under non compliance. Also he did clarify that they keep data for 6 years from date of closure - my account was closed in 2004 - so they basically should not have deleted my information. They took my number and said that a member of the complaints team will fully investigate this and get back to me within 3 days.

So we will have to wait and see.

will keep everyone posted