Jane's Hubby V Natwest

jane641
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,:)

I was successful in clawing back all my bank charges from Natwest at the end of last year:-D and so am now doing the same for my husband.

Claim was made on MCOL and a defence was placed by Natwest at the last minute and a request made for CPR18 (as usual!).

This was at the end of March and we also received a letter from MCOL around the same time saying that our case was being transferred to our local court and they advised that we would be sent an AQ.

We have yet to receive the AQ but did receive a letter from our local court a few days ago saying that the judge has referred it on to the mercantile court.

Should we still wait for an AQ or don't we need to fill one in now they have referred on?

Should I ring and check?

Natwest paid me shortly afterI received a similar letter from the courts last year so don't know whether we should just sit tight.8-)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Jane;-)

Just chill out you are definately on the home straight now. So just sit back and wait for the court to notify you. Once Cobbets receive notification you are being transfered to a Mercantile court ,a cheque will be winging its way to you. For information a Mercantile court is a precedent setting court. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We are still waiting to hear from the mercantile court and have still not had an AQ sent.

Does anyone know how much longer it is likely to be?

We're getting worried that something may have been lost in the post and our case will be thrown out!!:???:

We had a letter from Cobbetts about a week ago requesting a schedule of charges (again!) which we have sent once more (hoping they just want to know how much to write the cheque for, lol).:grin:

Any help / advice would be greatly received!

Jane

Well , my husband received a letter from the Royal Courts of Justice Group (HMCS) yesterday which says:

[Dear Sir,

Your case has been transferred to the london Mercantile Court, which is based within the Admiralty and Commercial Court at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London, WC2A 2LL. Please see, for guidance, CPR 59 and the Practice Direction.

Your case has been allocated the number ****-*** this number to be used in future correspondence.

There will be a Small Claims Hearing in this case and in several others which raise the same or similar issues at 9:30 on Tuesday 5th June 2007 in Court 1, ...(address given). The hearing is intended to give directions for the hearing of some or all these cases in a way which saves time and expense. It is hoped that all parties will attend but if this is not practicable the Court will be pleased to consider the written views of any party provided that these reach the Court by no later than 29th May 2007.

Although some of these cases have been allocated to the Multi Track, it is the provisional view of the Judge that the costs rules for the Small Claims Track should apply to all of them.

Do not hesitate to contact this office with any queries you may have,

etc, etc.]

What does anyone think? Is this a standard court date or something different?

Is Natwest likely to pay up before this date or just hand in written views to the court as suggested?

Have others received letters like this?

It would be really difficult for me or my husband to get time off work to attend this court date but would obviously try our best if this would be better than handing in written views.

Advice would be appreciated!

Jane :confused:

Bump for Jane.......... think it's standard but too hungover to think!!! :o

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Great news you case has now been moved to a higher court which can set a precedent. The bank will not be happy with this situation and will more than likely pay up. Its interesting that they have mentioned cases that should be in multi-track (£15,000 + ) are being put into small claims. Good luck. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Pleasure, It's all about being prepared. As we have seen with the Lloyds judgement Know your case and if the worst comes to the worst. You can handle yourself in front of a judge.

• 2 weeks later...

We won!!!!!!!

Have received cheque from Natwest for full amount!

We were getting worried as court date was getting nearer but they stumped up beforehand as usual!

Well done Jane and hubby!!! CONGRATULATIONS to you both - another well deserved win!! Enjoy the cash - best wishes, hedgey xxxx :D :D :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Congratulations, What a great bunch we all are. :DMBQcongrat07_m.jpg