Tommyc v HSBC

tommyc333
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - never posted before so I hope I'm doing it right!

I've a couple of questions I hope someone can help with:

Do I have to claim overdraft interest? The prelim letter includes a sentence re. this, can I just remove the overdraft interest sentence?

My charges over last 6 years are £5190 - should I just claim for £5000 or less to ensure my claim will be heard in small claims court?

Thanks!

Hello Tommy.

You only reclaim overdraft interest that was charged on your bank charges... not all of it. The complex spreadsheet works this out for you.

I would not bother keeping your claim below £5000... it doesnt matter in the slightest other than slightly higher fees you can reclaim anyway... if you add on the interest your claim will go even higher.

Claim every penny, you will get it! :-D

Crusher :-D

Hi Crusher

Just looked at the complex spreadsheet and I'm not sure if I can face going through 6 years of statements again! (I've already filled in the simple one).

I think I'll just claim for the charges without any interest (apart from the 8% if it gets that far!)

I'm going to send the premlim letter for £5190 tommorow.

Thanks for your help, I'll keep posting updates.

Tom

Sent the premlim letter today by Recorded Delivery.....

Do I need to phone in a few days to check if they received it or just wait?

Also, does the 14 days start today or from the day they recieve it?

I started mine from the day I sent it, doesn't seem to matter too much either way. I wouldn't worry too much about phoning them to check as they never seem to know whats happening anyway tbh. So long as you send it all recorded and keep all the little slips you should be fine.

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

had my offer thru yesterday for full amount :D after starting the process in early feb. so not a bad timeframe

stick with it bud, it'll be worth it in the end

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

it's not too late to do the overdraft interest - just take a breather and then plow in - then when you realise you are going to add several hundred pounds (possibly) to your claim - you'll be happy you went through them once more - and did the advanced spreadsheet. you could then send a revised schedule of charges with your lba in 14 days time - that is perfectly acceptable. you can add onto your claim right up until you file your mcol claim.

so,,,, you don't appear to need my easy to do version - but it may inspire you to see how to do it step by step - so look at post number 26 on this thread and then give it a go - you'll see in about an hour whether it is worth it (i'm guessing you'll be a very happy bunny when you see how much more it adds)

once you do the advanced on the charges and interest tab - you do it once more on the 8% interest tab to see how much court interest you will be adding once your file your claim (we don't advice asking for the 8% interest on your claim until you actually file with the court).

so, take a look - post 26:

honeygie v HSBC *****WON***** (multipage.gif1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Hi Lateralus

Thanks very much for your reply, I've just read honey's entire thread - bit of a rollercoaster ride! Very inspiring and encouraging though......

I'm glad she got her money back and it sounds like it was just at the right time in her life too!

Well, I've got a few days to fill the advanced spreadsheet in, I wish HSBC's online banking was quicker and easier to navigate!

Just a quick question - do you think claiming is becoming more difficult? If all the steps are followed correctly is it fairly certain people will get their money back?

Thanks again, Tom.

follow the procedure and you will get your money back :) - its just taking longer due to the volume of claimants. Keep reading plenty of threads as some elements of the process have changed (eg. no AQ in some cases) & you will be up to speed with what to do next.

pd and gmmm are absolutely right.

the question: is claiming becoming more difficult.

answer: absolutely not - claiming is the same exact procedure as last june when i started my son's claim.

is paying out taking longer?

absolutely......

i wrote my son's first letter early june - got the money early oct.

so even saying it's taking longer - not a lot longer - but i've a feeling it is stretching out even as we speak - every time it's on the telly peeps feel a little more able to do something about it.... it was seeing trevor mc.d last may that made us do it. i'm glad we got in and out - just be glad you are already this far along. it will happen - just takes time.

Hi everyone,

Just an update - got a letter from the (in)famous Colin Langdale today - seems like the standard response - 'Im looking into your enquiry, will respond after a full investigate', with a useless leaflet!

At least it seems like things are moving on.

Just 8 days before LBA!

Tom

Quick question - the LBA template includes the sentance 'I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the xxxdatexxx'.

Do I need to add 'satisfactorily' to this, as they have actually responded? (unsatisfactorily!).

Thanks

you're quite correct in that one tommyc333

Hi everyone,

I've been reading lots of posts about filing a claim with MCOL and the AQ. Its a few weeks away as i've still got to send my LBA (on Friday), but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Has anyone got a simple step-by-step of the processes involved? There's lots of posts about how to do all these things but I'm not quite sure of when they are done. For example when is the fee is payable, is it when you file the claim or when you fill in the AQ?

Thanks!

do it one step at a time - here's the best help for doing the mcol: Getting MCOL Right

here's the lba:3. Letter before action - Consumer version - asking for it back(2 Viewing)

and for the aq- i'd def leave it for now - the mcol takes 28 days before the aq would be even mentioned and as you may have read - most local courts are now dispensing with the aq - so you've plenty of time later to get to grips with it - the lba and the mcol are your main things right now.

Hi again!

Firstly, thanks for all the help from everyone so far, I really appreciate it.

Another question!

I'm sending my LBA on Friday - does anyone think it's worth drawing HSBC's attention to the fact that if I file a claim with the courts my claim will increase by almost £1500 (in interest and £250 costs).

I thought I could include this in the LBA.

I'm using the standard LBA template and it does mention costs and interest in the final para, but as my interest and costs are fairly large perhaps its worth including actual figures in the hope of an early offer.....!

I know this depends on them actually reading the LBA!

Tom

they are very aware of what ignoring it means - they've done it loads.

honestly - you can't understand why they don't settle at this point as a couple of weeks down the line it will cost them so much more - either they think you will give up, die, move to spain, forget or just go nuts and they won't have to pay up. just stick to the schedule and the templates - it's easier than trying to reason with them - they don't do reason!

Hi everyone,

Sent my LBA on Friday and I've just started to prepare MCOL.

I'm jumping the gun a bit here but I've been reading some threads on court bundles and I'm a bit concerned about bank statements.

I added all my charges up and filled in the basic spreadsheet (with dates and descriptions). However I have read that I need to provide all statements or list of charges from HSBC in the bundle - is that correct?

I never applied for past statements. Shall I start printing my 6 years of online statements now? It would mean altering my claim figure as the last one/two statements will now be unavailable online.

Or shall I send off for bank statements now?

Slightly concerned!

Thanks

Easy Tiger slow down ......

It won't get that far even if you did need to prepare a bundle you still got loads and load of time

If you've given them the 14 days after the LBA then just go straight to MCOL. You've already demonstrated that you've attempted to sort is out reasonably so whatever happens next is on their own heads.

I would strongly recommend you read through this a couple of times it is step by step you will have all the information to hand this has to the easiest bit so far in the process just follow the instructions, then relish in the fact that you have rolled your sleeves up and about to get stuck in to them.

Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim

In the meantime see here to prepare filing a claim:

Getting MCOL Right

Oyster

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

1st May Full Offer:grin:

Cheque arrived 16th May8)