monkey_man vs nationwide

monkey_man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have had a flex account with Nationwide for 2 years now but last year I was away and had three direct debits bounce. I have just heard about this forum and have sent my first letter off with my list of charges which I have attained online only totalling to £90 (but its my money). They have replied a letter saying they are grateful for the feedback etc and explain that "the rationale behind our charging policy and we are aware that there has been a lot of speculation about fees, charges and the impending Office of Fair Traiding decision, in the media". They go on to explain the charges and that I agreed to this via the T&C when I signed up for my account. Is this normal and what should I do next please as I haven't seen anything like this on the forum yet? Thanks in advance

Hi monkey_man

This a just another version of the standard FOB off letter which you should ignore. If you are following the tried and tested procedure in this forum, the next step is your Letter Before Action which you should send 14 days after they received your preliminary letter. Stick to your timetable and don't allow them to divert you with their tactics. Go for it!!!..... and good luck :)