How much do I claim for

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have all of my own statements for the last 5 yrs and more!!. So I presume I CAN SAVE MYSELF A TENNER and 8 weeks wait by not having to send a S.A.R ???

The total amount of charges (without the interset calculated as yet) is £2049.00. The number of charges are 82 should I subtract the 82 x the legal charge fee of £12 which would be £336. Therefore making my claim £1713.00 + interest. ???

Yes you can save yourself a tenner and send the letter with your Schedule of Charges BUT make sure you don't add interest. You can only add this and charge it if it gets to court (i assume that is the same in Scotland).

The £12 "legal" charge you refer to was merely what the OFT considered as an absolute reasonable maximum it felt the banks should charge. As far as I can see everyone is expecting the banks to pay up in full.

The bottom line is the charges are illegal because they have been making money from them and everyone knows the most it costs them is £2 to £3.

Let us know what you decide...

thanks

littlejam

littlejam
vs
Halifax

16/04/2007
Decide to claim. S.A.R not required as all my bank statements kept on file at home. Decide to claim for all unlawful charges since August 1997. Totals £3095.

17/04/2007
Parachute account opened with Barclays
18/04/2007
PRELIM letter sent by recorded delivery.

19/04/2007
Royal Mail confirms delivery
24/04/2007
Halifax replies with standard letter (dated 21/04/07) saying they have 8 weeks to reply.

25/04/2007
Stage 2 LBA letter sent by recorded delivery giving them 14 days to comply.
15/05/2007
Initial reply from Halifax saying they will reply no later than 18th June 2007.

11/06/2007
Standard letter received from Halifax disagreeing with my argument against charges.

25/06/2007 Filed small claim for charges at Lambeth County Court - awaiting return of N1 form.
:rolleyes:

Well that's the prelim letter composed total claimed for £2029.00 for a five year period against the Bank of Scotland.

It'll be posted on 5th May recorded delivery. So we'll wait and see what happens.