Allocation Hearing on Wednesday - A bit unsure now

chris-morrison
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was notifed some time ago that I have to attend an Allocation Hearing on the 2nd May because the Judge is considering allocating my case to the multi-track and it might be transferred to the Mercentile Court.

I have to attend at 10:00 on the above date at Ilford County Court; Is anyone else on here attending this court at that time, for such a hearing?

The notice states that the hearing should last about 15 minutes, what I am I going to be asked and expected to say and know etc?

How do I prepare for this?

Any tips and pointers would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris

I'v received a premilinary hearing at ilford county court in june. The letter say it is to decide case track or transfer to the mercantile court.

What was the outcome of your case. I'm a little nervous about it all, any advise would be much appreciated

Thanks

I got a letter from Barclays two days before the hearing offering to settle in full.

I wrote to Barclays accepting their offer, but telling them to stuff all the conditions they had seen fit to attach such as keeping the settlement confidential.

I attended the hearing and asked the Disctrict Judge to adjourn the case pending receipt of the settlement, I was in there about three minutes.

The money arrived in my account later that day so I wrote to the County Court and asked them to discontinue the claim.

You've got nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Chris

I got back £1,299.08 including costs and interest, and I got to see the inside of a court room, albeit for a few minutes.

What gets me is that Barclays have continued to take more charges from my account even while I was claiming back the first lot, so I will be claiming these back as well in the near future, a fact that I advised them of in my letter accepting their settlement. I think I'll do one of those Wasted Costs Orders as well next time.

Regards,

Chris