FleetfootMike v First Direct

FleetfootMike
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I come here (from moneysavingexpert.com) enlightened, wiser and a touch peeved, since I've been feeling the pinch of the loop of being pushed overdrawn again by the previous month's charges off and on for a while now.

First step (DPA letter) today. Let's see what happens.

First Direct: DPA letter sent 1 June - next deadline 11 July

Capital One: DPA letter sent 1 June - next deadline 11 July

MBNA: DPA letter sent 1 June - next deadline 11 July

signs060.gif

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

• 1 month later...

Things dragged a bit, due to holidays and stuff. And First Direct deciding they'd had enough of me *wry grin*.

This may not be helped by the fact that they've had £5,200+ out of me in charges since July 2000! It's very interesting going back and seeing the pattern of charges, where one bad month has a knock on effect for ages.

So, question: given that's over the £5000 small claims limit, what's the best approach?

Another question - I note that the tone of the preliminary letter to the bank requesting a refund of charges could be described as a little adversarial :)

Given I'm in the process of discussing with FD what to do about what I owe them, what do folks recommend? A toning down of the wording? Waiting? Carrying on?

for the £5000 limit.. split it date wise into two claims - one for £5000, then, and only then claim the £200 - or they could be bunged together and taken out of small claims.

On the other thing - FD having enoough of you - this happened to me too, lasy year, when I was single, selling house, ex living over the road with new woman - stressed to say the least. I paid them off though, £10 a month till I sold the house - a little annoying now though as I realise that the amount I paid in charges was more than I owed them. It's up to you - you can dispute the amount you owe them - ie charegs outweighing debt, or offer to pay a nominal sum (do a budget sheet), and then start proceedings and claim your money back. Don't worry too much though - there is no record of my account being closed on my credit record - no default was issued. It's up to you - but it may be worth going down the paying them a nominal amount each month - just to save hassle - and it would be like a little savings account - as if you pay them money now, you'll have less debt to pay - ie more money in your pocket!!!

Hope I'm not babbling and I have helped somewhat... it's a little late and very hot!!! (brain is on auto pilot!)

Cahoot

JBD issued - 27/07/06, warrant issued 08/08/06

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Offer of difference betwen £30 and £12

GE Capital - Evans Card, Data Protection Act

Argos Card, DPA

Barclay Card, 8th May-DPA, 14th July- 2nd DPA (asking complete history!!)

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

3rd letter re: default

Studio & Ace

Prelim for Studio e-mailed

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 8 months later...