Jump to content

motormouth v yorkshire bank- delay tactics??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

16.1.07 sent statement request

22.1.07 replied-dealing with request

1.03.07 replied-high no. requests statements not yet available

21.03.07 statements arrive after phone call to leeds

22.03.07 wrote detailing charges- £210

30.03.07 replied- looking into complaint

5.04.07 replied- usual story not repaying charges:mad:

7.04.07 wrote asking for cash within 14 days or court action

26.04.07 replied as follows:


"RE: Reopening your complaint


I refer to your recent letter and as requested I have reopened the complaint and a further review is being undertaken.


My understanding of the further issues you have raised are as follows:


>initial complaint not fully investigated

>no refund of charges levied to this account


I hope to respond to your complaint shortly.I will write to you as soon as possible, once I have had an oppertunity to review the above.

Every effort is being made to bring your complaint to a satisfactory conclusion."



1/ the complaint should not have been reopened as it was never closed:confused:

2/the complaint was surely fully investigated when the sent me a copy of T&C s saying " not prepared to refund charges"


I got this letter today on the 14th day.I was going to start court action today.Should I wait for reply or are they just playing the game and trying to delay?

many thanx, Motormouth

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes , very standard responce. They will give it a couple of weeks and send you another letter stating that "the Banks position remains the same" and they won't give you your money but they will have held you up for 2 weeks. Just as previously stated stick to your timescales and ignore that letter.


Also, we filed our MCOL in early March and we still have no offer so just be prepared for a long slog, be patient and stick at it mate, you'll get there in the end.

My YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 09/02/07: LBA 17/02/07

Wifes YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 23/11/06: LBA 27/11/06: Offer Rejection 17/12/06: MCOL 09/02/07

Joint YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 09/02/07: LBA 17/02/07

My FD account: Settled

Wifes FD account: Settled

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...