hsbc says it hasn't got my letter!

BobbyD24

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the letter requesting my statements on the 28th march, 28days later the 25th march i hadn't got anything back so i decided to ring customer services, who stated they had not recieved my letter but i could see my statements on-line. Do i need the paper statements? i'm having problems getting the spreadsheets from the site any hints???

Guest louis wu
I sent the letter requesting my statements on the 28th march, 28days later the 25th march i hadn't got anything back so i decided to ring customer services, who stated they had not recieved my letter but i could see my statements on-line. Do i need the paper statements? i'm having problems getting the spreadsheets from the site any hints???

Do you have access to ALL your statements online? If so, then its no problem. You will need to print them out at some point, and it may be easier to have a hard copy now, in order to work out your charges. How many months/years will you be claiming on?

If you don't have access to your entire banking history, you will need copies from the HSBC. Can I ask, did you send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s request. If so, did you send it recorded and did you include the £10 cheque? Next question, has the cheque been cashed (and if you DID send it recorded, has it been signed for)?

As for the spreadsheets, it really makes the whole thing easier, try this link, see if its any easier

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER

spreadsheet 3a is for the early part of a standard claim.

Let us know some more details.

Hope this helps you, best of luck

Louis

the online statement goes back as far as jan 03 and the first charge i can see is the 23rd april 01, and the charges are almost every month since then. i did send a S.A.R letter with 10 cheque included but not recorded delivery, the cheque hasn't been cashed yet but 2 weeks after sending the letter the bank contacted me asking 2 review my account. The first time in 8 years!!

thanks for the help

Guest louis wu

Sorry to say, but you need to send the SAR's request again, recorded delivery (get into the habit, as they will deny ever recieving it). Having said that, do your online statments complete all the info, or are there some gaps in your statments?

If there are gaps send the SAR's (I know its a pain), then calculate the charges, and then start your claim.

Louis

There Are No Gaps And I Have Worked Out The Charges On The Spreadsheet (thanks), On The First Request Letter It Says That If You Access Your Statement On Line Then There Is A Paragraph From The S.a.r Letter I Need 2 Add, I Have Done This Should I Send This Letter Recorded Delivery? And Who And Where Do I Send It?

Guest louis wu
Should I Send This Letter Recorded Delivery? And Who And Where Do I Send It?

Yes, send everything recorded, and send it to the head office. Contact details are in the forum that relates to your bank.

Louis

• 4 weeks later...

I Sent The First Request Letter Recorded Delivery 2 Weeks Ago, After 1 Week I Got A Letter Back From Hsbc Saying They Recieved My Letter And Would Investigate The Matter. Now The 2 Weeks Have Passed I Rang The Customer Services To Ask If Anything Was Being Done. I Was Told That It Would Take 8 Weeks For Them To Process My Claim Then A Further Week For Them To Tell Me The Out Come Of There Investigation! Should I Wait The 8-9 Weeks? Or Should I Send The Letter Before Action?

Guest louis wu

Bobby,

You will find that the banks will stall at any oportunity.

If you gave them 2 weeks to respond, then you are entitled to proceed as promised.

Louis