Steve2110 v HSBC - Mercantile

steve2210

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure that you've covered this in great depth in the past, so apologies for making you go over old & v basic ground. But I've just received a letter telling me that my small claim for £4971.00 in bank charges against HSBC has been referred to the Mercantile Court.

I know this is some sort of business court that deals with contracts and can thus infer that their lawyers are going to attempt to argue that their terms and conditions mean their charges are acceptable etc.

But what happens now?

Do I have to appear in court or hire expensive lawyers of my own?

Hi, Steve.

No, you do not have to hire expensive lawyers of your own (unless you want to, of course!!! :-D).

Whether you will have to go to court depends on whether the bank settle before case management hearings etc...

The best you can do to help yourself for now is extensively read this forum, especially the stickies at the top of the page. After that, if you have questions, or you need help, post on this thread (I have moved your post from someone else's thread to help keep your cases separate) and we'll do our best to help you get your money back.

NO worries. :-D

This on which you are writing is your thread. Think of it as a diary, or a message board.

Look at the top of this page. You should see this:

navbits_start.gif Consumer Action Group > The Bank Action Group - against unlawful bank charges > General > Mercantile Court cases and Stays pending a test case navbits_finallink.gif Steve2110 v HSBC - Mercantile

If you click on the Mercantile Court cases and Stays pending a test case part, it will open the main Mercantile forum page.

Below the announcements, which are marked with a announcement_old.gif, and separate from other people's threads, are the stickies, so called because they never leave the top of the page, they look like this:

sticky.giffirstnew.gif Sticky: Mercantile Court Guide(1 Viewing)

BankFodder

They're the ones you want to read most thoroughly.

Incidentally, if you lose your thread, click on your username, it will open your CP (control panel), and from there, you can see all your posts and all your threads. As a rule, keep all your queres and updates to one thread per claim, it makes things easier to follow for you and us.