• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SiBirm vs LloydsTsb

SiBirm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote my 14 day letter 11/01/07, and was sent the standard "we charge for services and aren't paying anything back letter blah blah blah" on the 14th day. Subsequently I have filed a claim through the small claim court. This was issued 14/03/07 (i was too busy to do it any earlier).

I have all 6 years of statements, some I got online, the rest i was supplied - without problem i might add - from the bank themselves. I didn't need to pay or send a letter about data protection.

So the charges amount to £1367.50 and individually range from £15 to £90 each!! anyway so I've submitted copies of all statements to the courts and the bank.

They acknowledged service on 03/04/07 and stated the intention to defend the claim in full.

I was served notice that they filed the defence on the 17/04/07, and have been given 21days to fill out the allocation questionaire.

This is where I am right now. I have read the defence and they are stating that their charges are not penalties but are fair charges for a service provided. I'm pretty sure this is a standard defence as they describe me twice as "her" and "she" - they must be printing these out by the dozen!!

What doI do now?? help would be appreciated. do i need an expert or an experts report?? if so where or who do I get one from, and what other information should I provide to help the judge manage the case.

I am begining to feel out of my depth.

cheers

SIBirm

Hi

Things are going as expected so far for you.

These links should help you fill in your AQ:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Was it the standard 9 point defence?

Once you get a Court date, this link should help:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

Good luck, let us know if you have any more questions.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi, No I've got a 10 point defence, point 8 has .1, .2, and a .3 so you could say 13 point defence. Does it make any difference?

I also asked a court worker about the AQ and they said to fill it in and not to worry about the other info section. Is there anything specific that I should put in there, I have seen some variation on this site - it's a biut confusing.

Thanks for your help.

Simon.

PS - I never calculated interest, could this be claimed back in a seperate action? also about claiming prior to the 6 years, can that be done on an estimated basis once this claim is finished?

Hi

What is point 10?

The links I gave you in the post above should help you fill in the AQ.

I don't think you would be able to claim the interest seperately.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi Barty,

I'm not sure what the standard defence looks like but;

9. Further, insofar as part of the claimant's claim is based on charges levied on her account proir to six years from the date of issue of her claim, that is 14th March 2001, that part of the claim is statute barred by operation of the Limitation Act 1980.

10. The claimant's claim is denied in it's entirety. It is further denied that the Claimant is entitled to the sum claimed or to any sum from the bank.

Now, that fact that a small part of my claim lies out side of the 6 years is because by the time they replied to my 14 day letter and I got round to filing the claim at court a couple of months had passed - surely it's not going to be a problem, I thought that because of Lloyds defence arguing about the penalties and therefore "cloaking" them - this meant the Limitation act didn't apply - am I wrong?

Si

• 1 month later...

I recieved my General Form of Judgment or Order on the 29th May after completing the allocation questionaire. I included the draft order template for the judge. The Judge ordered that the bank must submit a fully completed AQ within 7 days after service of the order- if not the defence will be struck out and judgment entered for the claimant. This to be referred back to the District Judge after 14 days.

I called the court claims office yesterday to see if the AQ had been recieved, the person on the phone said it looked like they hadn't sent anything, so fingers crossed and touching wood, but Monday should be the day I find out if we've beaten them or not

wish me luck, although following the simple steps and sticking to my time table has made this all seem fairly painless. cheers fodder and cag crew. lets see how we go then shall we. £1500 on my way would be nice, so would be beating a company above the law that makes billions of pounds profit. come on!!

• 1 month later...

OK, well after a couple of postal strikes and a few attempts at trying to follow the courts internal time scale system, Oh and did I mention my Judge having a holiday!!

I am now informed that the case was referred to the judge who has now asked (upon my advice) that the bank supply all evidence used to support the fact that the charges are fair. The matter will then go back before the judge before a date is set.

Can I now assume that this is the evidence the bank DON'T want to publicise and therefore they will now settle??

I followed the AQ format from here and included the recommended draft order for the Judge - I think it helped.

We shall see I suppose, I'm in it for the long haul now.

Simon

the judge has asked the bank to disclose their charges known as a disclosure notice, obviously they wont comply, but that doesnt mean to say they will pay up staright away,

i had the same thing and just having to apply for judgement as lloyds wont play ball:(

• 1 month later...

OK, I received a letter from SM this weekend, it says that they are requesting a stay on the case, until the test case with the OFT and FSA is heard. It asks me to reply stating if I agree or not.

What should I do? I'd like to reply in the negative and get on with it. But what is the test case going to achieve? and how much of a bearing does it have on my case which is so far down the line?

advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon.