Charlotte1974-v-NatWest, advice please!

Charlotte1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I already had my 6 years of statements for my NatWest accoount, so I sent off my prelim letter on the 12th April 2007 asking that they refund my charges; the end of my letter says:

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Today I received a standard letter from Customer Relations which says:

Thankyou for your recent letter regarding charges applied to your account.

We are currently investigating your claim and will respond to you as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Higley

What action do I take now?

I gave them 14 days to respond positively but all I've got is a standard letter from the infamous Stuart Higley!

Do I now give them 14 more days before I take further action?

Any advice gratefully received!:)

Hi Charlotte,

I totally agree with Scott! This is your claim and you need to stick to your timescales. Send them the LBA now giving them another 14 days to comply.

Good luck, hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

BUMP

Oh it just gets better doesn't it??!!!!!:mad:

The account for which I am claiming the refund of charges is a step account and I've been overdrawn to the tune of £900 for about 6 months now, solely due to the charges that have been put on my account for unpaid direct debits.

I sent my LBA last Friday to Stuart Higley.

This morning however, I have recieved a letter from Birmingham Collections Centre; a formal notice of intention to file a default and to take action to recover debt!!!!!:mad:

Can you believe the cheeky wotsits??!!

I think I'll enjoy the phone call I'm going to make to them later though; any input from fellow NatWest haters welcome!!!;)

Think I can believe just about anything from NatWest at the moment Charlotte!!! Have another really good read through the A-Z guide http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html - there's some helpful information on there about defaults and disputes.

I'm pretty sure that if they place a default against the account and the amount is for less than the charges you're reclaiming you can apply to have this removed as part of your reclaim. But Nattie should be able to advise further on this - not sure if he's on yet though!!!

Good luck - hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Fendy! Isn't it fun waiting for the postie everyday (I know you enjoy it, I've read your thread!!) just to see if he's brought something of interest, only to find that he's posted a gas bill and a flyer for stair lifts.

I'm also going to have to invest in a dog proof letter box, I know my doggy has expensive taste, being a Weimaraner, and will probably eat anything of interest and/or value!!

Ooooooh Weimaraner, lovely gorgeous poochie. I always wanted one of those, theyre so shiny and silver, theyre almost purple in certain lights. Lol xxxx gorgeous eyes too. Lol xxxx I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, NO FAIR................. although I love my black labby. Lol xxxx Wouldnt swap him for the world.............

Waiting for postie every day is all part of the fun of the waiting game. It does get tedious, considering I started all this back in January and were almost mid May. It drags on and one, but I know full well it will be worth the hassle and impatience in the end. Thats why Im not letting the cobblers get the better of me.......... they play games with my mind, and I play em right back. Dance the dance my dear..................... its all part of the process. Take Care. All the best................... but you may just end up being another sad postie stalker, like many of us on here, Lol xxxxx

Yes my doggy is gorgeous, he's my 3rd Weimaraner, I must be mad...I know I'm mad actually! They are very hard work which people don't realise coz they look so beautiful, devils in disguise! Having said that though, he's fast asleep on my rug cuddled up with my 2 year old! I'm a bit un-PC and let my doggy go on working trials, he needs to let his breed instinct out every now and then and hunt, point and retrieve anything that moves! But I suspect you know that already Fendy if you've got a black lab, they are pretty gorgeous too!

Ay ay my dear they are, but Weinmaraners are kind of regal looking. My labby is just well.............. a gorgeous labby, but your breed look beautiful and very regal. Sort of the royalty of dowgeeeeees, Lol xxxxxx

Never mind Un PC. Be as Un PC as ya like on here. Everybody is.......... and the world has gone mad with being PC anyway. Im all PC''''d out. lOL XXX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's June 11th and nothing from Natwest or Cobbetts in the post here or at the court!

Do I just send in the request for judgement now?

I know they'll probably file a late defence but it's worth me keeping to the time schedule I suppose!

I'M FUMING!!!!!!!!!!!

I will explain circumstances with NatWest first so that you understand where I'm coming from though!

I have 2 accounts with NatWest, one is a joint account with my husband and one is just in my name. The joint account was accruing a lot of charges when my husband was made redundant in 2005 and then we he started working again 6 months later, the account was about £800 overdrawn, just from charges!

We agreed to pay the bank £100 and they arranged an encashment where we could withdraw the rest of his wages over the counter as his wages were slightly less than the overdraft!

Eventually, what with more charges etc we got my husbands wages put into my sole account and left the other account to fester, just paying in a small amount each week.

Now the account is about £1000 overdrawn, as despite us cancelling the direct debits they have continued to try and pay them!

This morning I went to withdraw my family credit from the sole account but my card wasn't authorised!

I went into the branch and they said that both my accounts had a stop on them and I would have to ask for access to my money this time. Even though my sole account is in credit and has been run without a problem.

Any future payments made to the account will be kept to pay off the other account! What the F*** are we supposed to live on?!! I think I'll get my 3 children to go into my branch with their upturned caps!

Does anyone know what I can do??

Help will be greatly appreciated!!

• 2 weeks later...

If I wasn't so mad, i'd start laughing at all this!

NatWest have now defaulted my account as I am £1000 overdrawn wholly made up of charges. I telephoned the Customer Complaints Team on Friday and was told that I'd been offered the full amounts on both of my accounts, £1618 on the overdrawn account and £541 on the other. Letters had been printed and should be with me this week.

This morning in the post, what should turn up but a defence from Cobbetts!! DUR!!

Do NatWest and Cobbetts not stay in touch with each other?!

It sounds like Cobbetts are told to automatically defend each court claim, no matter what!

Do I continue with court claim until I've received the refunds?

Thanks

When you say the bank has defaulted your account, because your bank charges have caused you to go over your overdraft limit. Then before you settle your claims you must make sure that part of the deal is that Nat West agree to remove the default entirely, and do not just enter a correction or say that the default has beem satisfied.

Cobbetts and Nat West do seem to be very dis-jointed .Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Pleasure :)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.