Add on to MBNA - coming round to my house now!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just MBNA call me from a mobile number to mobile number that i have asked them to remove. I informed them they have not complied to my CCA request. The girl who was from credit control said she didnt know what a CCA request was. What she did say was that she was on her way round to my flat and she will be there in about a hour and hung up!

My god i am shaking, what do i do? I cant leave work to see if she is telling the truth

She possible doesn't know what a CCA request is - too thick to understand. Her threat of coming round to your house is probably an empty one, however if she does get her name and report her for harrassment. Also I would phone the police.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have just MBNA call me from a mobile number to mobile number that i have asked them to remove. I informed them they have not complied to my CCA request. The girl who was from credit control said she didnt know what a CCA request was. What she did say was that she was on her way round to my flat and she will be there in about a hour and hung up!

My god i am shaking, what do i do? I cant leave work to see if she is telling the truth

You have her mobile number now:D . Most mobiles will let you record conversations. Record her next time. Your local police may wish to telephone her. Perhaps if it doesnt breach forum rules you could print her mobile number so as others who are having MBNA problems may be aware of it.

text her saying that the debt is in dispute and any further action will be reported to trading standards, and also the police (harassment of debtors is a breach of s40 of the administration of justice act 1970)

she wouldn't be able to do anything, she is not a bailiff. it's probably just a blag anyway.

someones winding you up.

it wont be MBNA, it will only poss be a DCA acting on their behalf.

DCA's have NO LEGAL POWERS.

you do not have to do anything they ask of you.

treat them like a human telephone chaser

and if they do appear at your door

as advised...call the police.

as for the mobile phone number etc.....harrassment.

whatever you do , do not discuss anything on the phone

request everything in writing please...then hang up.

fire of a harrassment letter from the templates section

AND STOP WORRYING!!!

we are all with you.

dx100uk:D

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

She has no right of entry to your property. If she does turn up ( and, lets be honest, she may have no intention of doing so ) Tell her to f+++ off ( excuse my language ). You may also want to mention the OFTs debt collection guidance... I think you would also find it useful to speak to national Debtline on freefone 0808 808 4000 they give free confidential advice and can go into much more detail about your rights and what creditors can and can't do.

text her saying that the debt is in dispute and any further action will be reported to trading standards, and also the police (harassment of debtors is a breach of s40 of the administration of justice act 1970)

she wouldn't be able to do anything, she is not a bailiff. it's probably just a blag anyway.

Just sent text and heard nothing back.

Suprise, suprise.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.