Have I done this totally wrong?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I would greatly appreciate a bit of advice as I'm completely new to this.

I sent the Prelim letter too my bank (The Royal Bank of Scotland) on 22nd March 2007 asking for a charges refund of £4504, to which I recieved no reply. I then sent out the LBA on 6th April to which I recieved 2 replies both the same saying "Your Claim is being considered" and now I've heard nothing. I know the next step is court action, and I have no problem with that. I do however wish to check that I haven't messed things right up.

I didn't send the prelim by recorded delivery, so could the bank say they didn't recieve it (As I understand things, the bank must have recieved 2 copies of your schedule of charges before court action) and if so will this affect the court action?

Secondly when I sent the 2nd schedule of charges with the LBA, I added that months charge of £60 to it, thus changing the total I was claiming to £4564 (In hindsight this was both stupid and a greedy thing to do, but they annoyed me)

I've been holding of Court action in the hope they would make me an offer so I could send the refusal letter with another schedule of charges thus fixing everything, but the Bank has gone silent.

So have I c*cked things up totally, is it fixable with maybe another letter with another schedule of charges?

Thank you :)

I didn't send the prelim by recorded delivery, so could the bank say they didn't recieve it (As I understand things, the bank must have recieved 2 copies of your schedule of charges before court action) and if so will this affect the court action?

Secondly when I sent the 2nd schedule of charges with the LBA, I added that months charge of £60 to it, thus changing the total I was claiming to £4564 (In hindsight this was both stupid and a greedy thing to do, but they annoyed me)

So have I c*cked things up totally, is it fixable with maybe another letter with another schedule of charges?

Thank you :)

Hi Trout - don't worry, you haven't messed up! You can add new charges to your schedule throughout the process, but once you've filed at court it costs you additional money (that you can't reclaim) to add on new charges. So at least you've managed to change your schedule for free!

As for sending them another letter, I would personally file at court now. You can pretty much quarantee they've seen both your prelim and LBA. They haven't complied, so go get your money back!!! Good luck, hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.