UKPC-fine for parking in my own space?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all...first time poster in dire need of advice :)

I see you have already got a thread on UKPC but I dont want to 'hijack' that one so I hope its allright that I start a new one.

I live in a flat with a designated parking space and recently UKPC took over the contract of overseeing that cars without a parking permit were not parking in the residents spaces or the visitors spaces. They sent everyone a badge to have in their cars and I put mine promptly on the dashboard of my car and it has remained there ever since and is clearly visible to everyone. I didnt stick it to the windscreen as I am not keeping this particular car for much longer.

One day I receive a parking fine for parking in my own space and I immediately send a letter with a copy of my parking permit saying this is in fact my own space. UKPC then send me a photograph of my car shot at an angle where you cant see the dashboard of the car properly but only the windscreen.

I write to them again explaining all this and today I get another letter that is clearly just a copy and is not written specific to my case as it says Dear Sir and claims that they are not waiving the parking charge. It furthermore says that if they have not received my pay before December 10th 2006 :confused: (did they miss the fact that it is 2007) they will hand it to a debt recovery agency. I have never in my entire life dealt with such a crap company that doesnt even have phones for customers to ring in. I am now at the end of my tether with this and wanted to know what my rights are in the matter? I am a foreign student here which results both in my lack of funds to hire a lawyer, I dont know how the system works here and I have no idea how this thing will go if it goes to a debt recovery agency:eek:. Will I have a stain on my record or...?

If any kind soul out there has any answers or advice on how to handle them I would love to hear from you.

best wishes to you all

dty

These guys are just trying to [problem] money out of you. Whatever you do, don't pay. I'm in a similar situation, with about 40 outstanding tickets for parking in a space I paid £15,000 for. Obviously they won't get their money, but every now and then it's fun to call them and have an argument about it :)

Read through the advice on the thread Demon has pointed you towards and I'm sure you'll feel much better.

Dear both

Thanks for the replies. I have had a read through the forums and I cant believe what this company is up to :eek: and I also want to say how great this website is :-D I am glad I found it.

I will be writing UKPC another letter today and I will keep you posted on the progress.

best

dty

It's highly unlikely that this will ever get to court, but for future insurance take some pictures of your car with the permit visible, and then one exactly like theirs with the permit on display but out of view due to the angle. These could also be useful if you need to make a future fraud or blackmail complaint.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Yeah too true, never thought about that. My mate actually called them to pay and got an automated thingy. After giving his card details it asked for his phone number, he gave his mobile and the automated voice then said you have given less than 11 numbers! Funny thing was it was his mobile number he gave and that is 11 numbers. Silly bugger then tried again 12 times

It's highly unlikely that this will ever get to court, but for future insurance take some pictures of your car with the permit visible, and then one exactly like theirs with the permit on display but out of view due to the angle. These could also be useful if you need to make a future fraud or blackmail complaint.

Thats a good idea, I will make sure I will do that...thanks for the tip Zamzara :)

best

dty

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update

I have now sent UKPC in all 3 letters and today I recieved that the parking penalty has been passed on to a collection agency Hunter Forrest and Co. This is starting to worry me now as UKPC are basically not communicating with me at all.

What do I do now? :confused:

All advice will be appreciated

best

dty

Hunter Forrest is UKPC. There's a couple of threads mentioning this. It's a trick to make you think the issue is escalating when in reality they can do nothing.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

I had a read around after I posted and I feel a bit more calm about it now. thanks for replying zamzara :)

All this is just adding on to a lot of worry that I have at the moment ...I'll just have to keep cool about it. They are doing an excellent job of scaring me I must say.

best

dty

These guys are taking the mick to be honest. Even if you get a letter from any debt collectors just write to tell them you are still denying the charge and are still disputing it with UKPC and that they are not communicating back with you. They in turn will go back to UKPC and it may or may not stop. Stuff them thats what i say...... It's sunlikely to go the full way to court and if it did im pretty sure the judge would say " hang on why is this here you didn;t even bother to communicate with this person!" he's throw it out as he/she knows as do we that you are not liable for a ticket on private property as they claim. Only the driver is technically if they prove who they had a contract with to park it there in the first place. Keep cool and laugh! I do!