• Tweets

• Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Hi again all, below is another email they sent me, I just don't want to get in trouble or things to get worse with this crowd but I am taking your advice here. Anyway advice would be appreciated.   I am contacting you again after having tried to contact you both by email on 03/04/2024 and 10/04/2024, and by telephone on 10/04/2024 and 17/04/2024 to discuss the matter in relation to the regularization of the SOLIDWORKS case against xxx our company.   This is an urgent legal matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience - +44 2921 920 296.    If we do not recieve a response before 24/04/2024, we will assume that you are not willing to settle this dispute amicably. The case will then be referred back to our client with whom, ultimately, the final decision lies on the enforcement of their intellectual property rights.    Yours sincerel y, Rhys
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Karl vs LloydsTSB **WON**

Champnos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Statements got online, requested from bank with no response, claiming back 5 years.

Claim Amount - £1,181.13

Preliminary Letter sent - 12/04/07

Response Received - 26/04/07 - Standard letter response, says its not a penalty charge but a service charge.

LBA Sent Recorded Delivery - 27/04/07

Address -

Lloyds TSB

Andover Service

Recovery Centre

Charlton Place

Andover

Hampshire

SP10 1RE

Address appears to be the place to send requests for bank charges refunds.

• 2 weeks later...

11/05/07 - Still no response, as my post is being re-directed i will give them 1 more week before filing a N1.

Quick note, i got a letter from the Statement Request team, copies of my statements, i ended up getting them online as 5 years were on there anyhow. Im sure this has been mentioned before but the Department who sent me my statements said and with no nudging from me "You may now wish to reclaim yuor bank charges" this came from Lloyds TSB, they are telling us to claim so why they defend at all i dont know.

Just a note - i never told them i was claiming back charges, i phones bank and aksed for statements!

I did the same and it didn't appear to affect my claim. Go ahead and file the court papers.

broke dave.

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Ok no response yet, i had made a mistake in claiming 8% from the start. Question is as not to look stupid shall i send an amendment and give them 14 more days or just file the court papers?

Go ahead and file your claim, you have given them long enough already to reply positively to your requests.

Just make sure to not make any errors on claim form as if you do, it will cost you a further £35.00 to change them from this point forward.

Good luck, keep us all posted and any questions just shout

XxXxX

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Ok im finally going to file for court action, while collating my info i noted that i had claimed two charges qhich quote "unpaid loan" now basically i missed a payment on a LTSB loan so surely its classed as Unpaid D/D which is what it really is. Can anyone confirm this is ok to claim? Doesnt add up to much anyhow, one charge was £25 the other £17.50.

Hi, from what I've seen of other threads the unpaid loan charge is claimable.

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Claim filed on MCOL as needed to use a credit card to pay.

Claim number - 7QZ82784

Do i need to send the Charges spreadsheet now? or do i wait until i have a letter from the court? Im thinking send it now, where does it go? i read guidelines but it says change address dependant on what court you are at! Take it i send to Northampton now?

sorry, bump, just want to know the answer to the above before the weekend, would be good to send this off today. Read the guide again and it does say whatever court your case is at, i have no court yet so i send it to Northampton? Would this work?

As you filed using MCOL send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed as below:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours faithfully

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Your faithfully

Dear Sir

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Currently no further progress, my claim has been accepted by the court and i am waiting on a response from Lloyds, they have 14 days now about 12 days heh

In anticipation of further action is there anyone who has Lloyds TSB T&C's for their Current Account from February 1999 or anytime around then. If you do please pm me.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Lloyds have Acknowledged claim today. I make it they have 22 days now. 22 long days for me to wait.

Should i send a copy of charges to them again along with a nudge and a hello? Then again i dont know who has this case, would guess its the [problem].

Good idea? not worth it?

Added - Will i receive acknowledgement in post with address that acknowledged?

Although it will do not harm I would not bother sending them a letter, they will settle in their own time.

Acknowledgement should have address, although mine did not.

Ok got the Acknowledgement in post, it shows that [problem] have decided to defend but have not yet submitted the defense.

I have decided to send a letter with the charges list on it, may as well just in case i get lucky. Not sure if i should have but i included a line that stated if they were tp pursue this case and then settle at the last moment i will be pursuing an order for "Wasted Costs". Might give them the nudge they need!

Will keep updating when something new occurs

Just checked claim, Lloyds have submitted a defense, not sure which defense it is yet so i will wait for it to arrive in the post and i will let you know.

Now i wait for it to be allocated to my local court.

• 2 weeks later...

Update -

Claim has been allocated to my local Court - Bristol County Court

No court date yet

I have also had a letter from Lloyds Recovery centre stating that they still have not managed to sort out my complaint and need more time. They ask i give them this so they can come to some reasonable outcome, maybe settlement? Anyhow i wrote back saying its already at court, please talk to your solicitors and tell them to pay me in full now

I also have their defence, gladly its the 9 point standard defence so ne need to copy any of it here. All going along smoothly i guess now we await a court date, or better yet settlement!

Edited - Forgot to mention AQ dispensed with

Good luck buddy, keep us updated please.

I am at the very beginging of my claim but reading how everyone else is getting on and the fact everyone appears to be getting the same blanket response from Lloyds is reassuring and helpful.

T

:)

SAR sent 07/03/07

Statements rec'd 14/04/07 (ish)

Prelim Sent 03/07/07

Prelim rejection rec'd 10/07/07

LBA sent 12/07/07

You need to take control of your case, otherwise it will drag on and on.

Read it again tomorrow and post up any specific questions.

Ok i think i got it ;)

Draft Order should be sent even if AQ dispensed with. This is to assist the judge, if they have this and agree it they will issue it to Lloyds?

First i thought, isnt it cheeky sending the judge a order of directions which is what they are supposed to do, i guess its all to help the process.

Have i got it right? I shall get it ready and send it later when confirmed.