K Steele -v- Natwest

heavyraisin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I wrote to Natwest on 11.03.07 (first letter) stating I estimate they owed me £3,648 over the past 6 years. Actually realised the day after posting the letter that I didn't start banking with them until March 2004!!! Oops. Anyway, they wrote back on 22.03.07 stating they would provide me with free duplicate statements. I faxed them on 08.04.07 chasing up the statements - still no reply. Think I will send them a Data Protection Letter with £10 cheque and see what happens then but I will keep ya posted.

Karen. :-)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. I thought I'd try a different stance before sending the SAR letter. I phoned the customer relations dept of Natwest and they have requested free duplicate statements and said they should be with me by the end of next week. He said the bank have 40 days to sort it out (I took it he meant the claim). Will keep you posted. Karen.

Natwest are usually quite helpful like this BUT still send the SAR, because if they do mess you around, that letter is your legal proof you made the request.

Still send the £10 fee as well, they will probably return it to you, but better be safe than sorry.

:)