I'm new here

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I've just joined and lok forward to using the site.

I have two questions I need help on. Firstly, are there any template letters to reclaim credit card charges? Secondly, my son sent off aletter to the Woolwich with a £10 cheque asking for his bank statements for the last 6 years. The Woolwich returned the cheque saying it wasn't neccessary and would be in touch. A letter arrived with a brief breadown of charges only and an interest charge total of just over £1500. I believe they are trying to puul the wool over his eyes and the figure should be much higher. Should he send another £10 cheque and demand the staements or accept the figure given?

Sorry this is a bit long winded but I needed to give you the background.

Hi brian4951, I have only skimmed various sites concerning bank charges and am currently in the process of trying to reclaim my own back. It appears that you could send a "Data Protection Letter" and under this Act it is my understanding that they HAVE to supply you/your son with the information requested. There are some template letters on this site or BBC NEWS | Special Reports | money_programme. Hope this helps, heavyraisin.

Hello and Welcome, Brian.

Yes if you have a look in the Bank Templates Library there is a Credit/Store card letter. Was the letter your son sent a Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert