Settlement agreed!!

lisa-duff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Started claim in January - have used this website for help and have read some interesting tips, although not had much luck threads etc.

Went through normal channels letters, filed at MCOL, case re-assigned to local court, defence received from Abbey. No settlement letter other than GOGW for £275!!

Sent my AQ in mid March and finally received court date last week (for 14 June) - set to work at the weekend on court bundle.

Yesterday I read a thread where someone had only got to AQ phase and had telephoned James Arrandale direct at Abbey and arranged settlement - so today I did the same!!

I called and he picked up the phone himself, he was very pleasant and after some negotiation (original claim was 5k, he offered 4.2k then finally agreed on 4.5k) settled. He informed me that monies should hit my account end of next week!!

I did have a wobble mid-way through but on reading all the success stories decided to continue - it really was stress-free and am now being asked to do the same for friends!!

The money will go some way to pay off overdraft (which I may add I would't have in the first place if I hadn't been charged!!

Thanks for good clear advice on site, I will be making donation when money hits account!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.