me v Lloyds TSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

new to this as you may have gathered, although I am at the stage of taking Lloyds through the small claims court I have just submitted the claim on line, after recieving my letter from LTSB saying they felt their

charges were fair, I hope my decision was the correct one, the only worry I do have is at the moment i do owe money to Lloyds for a credit card debt and loan , however I am paying them back under another agreement through a debt management company and have not defaulted on payments, so I hope this will not affect my case does anyone have any advice could they counter claim against me??? any help would be appreciated

Hi Chelseagirl,

Welcome to the forum.

Please click the next link and start a thread in the Lloyds TSB forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=11

Title it,

(your user name) V (banks name)

Other members with experiance of your bank can offer informed advice.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

please take time to read the faq's

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If this helps please tip the scales,Left.

Hi, I have just been through a very similar situation. I was re-claiming quite a high level of charges from Lloyds TSB and was concerned that it may affect my other ongoing issues, ie my outstanding loan and overdraft which were being dealt with under a DMP.

Well the good news is that after a long slog and with the court date looming (3-4 weeks away) Lloyds paid up in full (£2435.77). All outstanding charges, court fees and 8% interest. :smile:

:!: HOWEVER...watch out, what they did was write to me on the 15th March informing me that they would be crediting the full amount to my account within 5 days, without the need for me to sign acceptance to any terms?! The same day (15th March) the funds were credited to my account, clearing my overdraft and leaving a still significant sum in my account. The letter was sent 2nd class and I luckily rec'd it on the 19th and went straight to my bank to withdraw the remainder in cash. (incidentally on the 19th I not only received the letter from Lloyds, I also received a letter from the court in reference to the letter from Lloyds. Therefore the court received their copy at least 2 days prior to me! Were Lloyds holding onto my letter to delay withdrawal? Hmmm)

I left a token amount of £15 in my account and on the 20th checked my account again and found that a closure order had been made on the morning of the 19th by collections and all available funds withdrawn at the close of business. Any remaining funds would be put towards my outstanding debts with the bank, currently covered by the DMP. :eek: I was reliably informed that had I not visited the bank that day the entire remaining funds (nearly £2000) would have been taken by collections. Was this all planned and instrumental in the settling of my claim? :cool: I couldn't say but I am glad I acted quickly.

This is all happening again for us as my wife's claim against Lloyds is nearing an end. The court date is set and they have agreed to pay up in full (approx £200). However they have issued strict terms this time insisting that the letter is confidential and that she cannot tell anyone that they are prepared to settle, I thought you might like to know and well hey I didn't sign up to it! Anyway, again they are insisting it goes into her account, the only problem is she closed it some time ago! :lol: They do not like this and are refusing to negotiate the terms at the moment, we will have to wait and see?

I hope this is useful. ;-)

Gary13969

Guest louis wu
Hi Everyone

new to this as you may have gathered, although I am at the stage of taking Lloyds through the small claims court I have just submitted the claim on line, after recieving my letter from LTSB saying they felt their

charges were fair, I hope my decision was the correct one, the only worry I do have is at the moment i do owe money to Lloyds for a credit card debt and loan , however I am paying them back under another agreement through a debt management company and have not defaulted on payments, so I hope this will not affect my case does anyone have any advice could they counter claim against me??? any help would be appreciated

Like Gary, my wife is in a similar postion.

Don't worry about your agreement, it won't affect a thing. As to your concern of a counter claim, I'm not sure that its relevant. If you have a debt with a DCA then presumably Lloyds have nothing to do with it. I have to ask, were/are there any charges on the CC or loan? If so, claim those back as well and reduce your outstanding amount. Let us know.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

Louis