helping a friend recover £3000

spuddly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I got into a conversation with my mate Matt and told him about reclaiming bank charges and the fantastic web site you have here, unfortulatley he does not own a pc and so asked me if i would help him, I am already claiming my own Bank charges and other stuff with the valuable help from here, so i dont see it as a problem.

This is what i have already set up for him

SAR request to Abbey Nat sent on 15 march 07 of which he eventually got all the statements he needed and trolled through them working out his charges which eventually came to £3000 , surprised wasnt the words to explain how he felt.

Anyway he has submitted the letter requesting reclaiming the charges that was 4 weeks ago and now he is asking me why they have not replied with an offer.

As it is not my account and i am trying to help i thought i would ask for any assistance to ease Matts mind.

Cheers...

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

:D :D ###WON###:D :D

## natsy westy result £250:p

## Halifax overdraft settled ##

## Halifax loan settled ##

## chatham settled ##

## paragon suite closed##

Guest louis wu

I bet when you first told him he didn't believe you:).

I expect he's going to owe you a beer (or two lol) when your finished.

Best of luck

Louis

Hi all,

I got into a conversation with my mate Matt and told him about reclaiming bank charges and the fantastic web site you have here, unfortulatley he does not own a pc and so asked me if i would help him, I am already claiming my own Bank charges and other stuff with the valuable help from here, so i dont see it as a problem.

This is what i have already set up for him

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request to Abbey Nat sent on 15 march 07 of which he eventually got all the statements he needed and trolled through them working out his charges which eventually came to £3000 , surprised wasnt the words to explain how he felt.

Anyway he has submitted the letter requesting reclaiming the charges that was 4 weeks ago and now he is asking me why they have not replied with an offer.

As it is not my account and i am trying to help i thought i would ask for any assistance to ease Matts mind.

Cheers...

Its not that easy, wish it was!

After the two weeks from your preliminary letter they should have then sent the LBA to the bank.

Then after a further 2 weeks you issue a court claim.

If you had followed the guidelines on the site you would be at the issuing court docs stage now.

REMEMBER stick to your timetable NOT theirs.

Get your LBA in the post ASAP and then you may get an offer, you may not. If you do it will be no where near £3000 anyway.

After 14 days start your claim plus the 8% interest.

Hope this helps

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

My Apoligies for the delay in replying to this post

I have drafted a LBA for matt and he will be posting it Very soon to ABBEY.

He recieved this letter recently

15/05/07

Dear mr X X XXXXXX

As you know, we are currently looking into your complaint and it has now been 8 weeks since you first contacted ABBEY.

I am sorry for the delay while we continue to look into your complaint. Although we have made progress, we want to make sure we fully understand the problem before writing and we are unable to give you a full response just now.

if you do not want to wait any longer ,you can go to the Finanncial Ombudsman Service now, without waiting for our response. I am including a booklet that tells you what you need to do. I do hope you will give us the opportunty to complete our work and we will continue to look into your complaint unless the ombudsman service advise us they are taking it over.

The FOS details are

FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE

SOUTH QUAY PLAZA

183 MARSH WALL

LONDON

E14 9SR

TEL 0845 080 1800

FACSIMILIE 0207 964 1001

E-MAIL [email protected]

We will write to you again when we have finished our review and if you remain unhappy, you will still have the right to contact the FOS

yours sincerley

RICHARD HARRIS

HEAD OF COMPLAINTS

any suggestions please..:-)

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

:D :D ###WON###:D :D

## natsy westy result £250:p

## Halifax overdraft settled ##

## Halifax loan settled ##

## chatham settled ##

## paragon suite closed##

to re-iterate what Pkea has said STICK TO YOUR TIMETABLE not theirs what you have is their standard fob off letter they use it as delay tatics as the way things stand you can only go back for 6 years from when court proceddings start so the longer they delay you filing at court the less you can claim by virtue of time unless you are prepaired to argue Staute of Limitations etc which a few have and won but it makes the case harder and more drawn out

So send your Lba as it is your time scale not theirs

then read some of the on going cases and a few of the succesfully concluded cases against abbey and you will be more aware of all the standard and nasty underhanded tricks they will try to detter you from trying to get your money back

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional