• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

citifinancial are unable to find my agreement **SETTLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all ,

On the 14th march i sent out a letter requesting a copy of my agreement with citifinancial by recorded delivery and on the 10th april they replied,with Royal Mail nextday delivery,

Dear mr XXXXXXXXXX

REFERENCE REQUEST FOR COPY OF AGRREMENT

Thank you for your recent letter the contents of which have been noted.

The agreement has been ordered from your local branch and should be with you soon.

I apologise for the delay thus far in this process.

Yours sincerley

Michael cleugh

Data protection officer

citifinancial and future mortgages

Then on the 24th april again by Royal Mail Next day delivery i recieved this letter.

Dear MR XXXXXXXXXX

REFRENCE REQUEST FOR COPY OF AGREEMENT

Thank you for your recent letter, the contents of which have been noted.

Further to earlier correspondence, your local branch were unable to locate your agreement, we are therefore unable to provide you with a copy of the agreement as you requested.

Please note that we do have systemic records of your account opening and a record of repayments.

I have enclosed the cheque you sent us with your original request and i apologise for not being able to met your request fully.

yours sincerley

Michael cleugh

Data protection officer

Citifinancial and Future Mortgages

Interesting letter, but they have

not included the £1.00 cheque or my original leter as they said they had.

Also the account number that i originally sent the request for has not been added to either letter from them :confused: ??

Is this admission of no agreement between myself and citifinancial, if so what would be my course of action as this debt is on a DMP and due to be paid 1st of the month.

Thank you

Spuddly

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

:D :D ###WON###:D :D

## natsy westy result £250:p

## Halifax overdraft settled ##

## Halifax loan settled ##

## chatham settled ##

## paragon suite closed##

Cheers ..thanks for replying so quick

Heres the letter i will be sending by recorded delivery

CitiFinancial Europe

6 admiral way

Doxford International

Business park

Sunderland

SR3 3XW

Dear sir

RE xxxxxxxxxxxx

I refer to my letter dated XXXXXXX which was delivered via Recorded Delivery to your offices on XXXXXXXXXX.. The documents I requested should be readily available as proof of your legal right to collect this account.

In my letter of the XXXXXXXXXX I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above account under Section 77(1) and Section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and a true signed copy of the Deed of Assignment. In addition a full statement of my account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account from the time CitiFinancial purchased this account, along with any other documents mentioned in the credit agreement.

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, as defined under Section 189 of the CCA 1974.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, your company commit an offence. These time limits expired on {enter date} and {enter date} respectively.

As you are no doubt aware, Section 78(6) states If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence

Therefore on XXXXXXXXXX this account became unenforceable at law and no further payment will be made by myself to the account,as you have failed to comply with a request for a true signed copy of the said agreement, and other relevant documents mentioned in it, and failed to send a full statement of the account and failed to provide a true copy of the Deed of Assignment, under the relevant sections of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Further, i do not acknowledge any debt to {debt agency name}.

I require the following action from CitiFinancial:

All payments made to date to CitiFinancial for this account should be refunded in full, including interest at the rate of 8% per annum

2. Removal of all defaults entered by CitiFinancial. Note this is to be a complete deletion and not merely an amendment.

3. I look forward to compensation under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to be offered for the processing of my data in the manner it has been done over the past number of years.

4 After a full refund of all payments with interest and compensation are received by me, you will be required under Section 10 and Section 12 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to cease and desist all manual and automatic processing of my data within your company and any other company within your group.

If you do not respond positively to my request, court action may be taken under Section 14 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to force CitiFinancial or any other company within the group to comply with the refund of all monies paid, removal of all defaults maintained and compensation for damage and distress as a result of unlawful data processing. I may also pass the matter to the relevant enforcement authorities including, but not limited to, the OFT, the Information Commissioners Office, Trading Standards, the CSA, the FOS and my local MP.

I look forward to your reply within 14 days to resolve the matter amicably.

Yours sincerly

Pretty powerfull communication ..

should i contact my DMP and ask them not to pay citifinancial as of now

Cheers..

CITIFINANCIAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/85300-citifinancial-unable-find-my.html

## chatham settled ##

hI,

I sent out 5 letters requesting credit agreements for diffrent companies and only 1 has returned an actual photocopy of the SIGNED AND DATED agreement, so i am amending this letter and sending it to the other four who have not met the 12 day/ 30 day deadlines and are now oficially commiting a crime under law...

"Quote" You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, as defined under Section 189 of the CCA 1974.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, your company commit an offence.

spuddly.

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering!!! from an earlier in this thread..

they said on there letter....

Please note that we do have systemic records of your account opening and a record of repayments.

yours sincerley

Michael cleugh

Data protection officer

Citifinancial and Future Mortgages

once i have submitted a CCA to my creditors is it not at this point that CITIFINANCIAL and EACH ONE OF MY CREDITORS should be supplying me with copys of my account under the CCA 1974?? even if they dont hold the ACTUAL AGREEMENT/S.

or

would a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) cover this?

or BOTH??:confused:

(and i still have not recieved my cheque and orignal request )

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

I require the following action from CitiFinancial:

All payments made to date to CitiFinancial for this account should be refunded in full, including interest at the rate of 8% per annum

I can understand that if they do not have a valid CCA then interest should be refunded on the basis that the amount the consumer has agreed to cannot be ascertained. However, what is the basis for having the full amount of the payments made refunded? Surely it is clear the money has been borrowed from the statements etc.

Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

seabro

Firstly i am not disputing the debt, however the actual account was set up with AVCO TRUST PLC which then went to ASSOCIATES CAPITAL which then went to CITIFINANCIAL, who should have the original CCA in order to collect my payments Lawfully.

secondly i have sent a SAR which will inform me of all the details of payments i have made to CITIFINANCIAL(when they cash my £10 cheque).

As they have not supplied the CCA then all monies paid to them by me should be returned under CCA 1974. Then and only then will i pay the company that holds the Gold ticket(CCA).

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

recieved a reply to my LBA today...

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter the contents of which have been noted.

Further to earlier correspondance, please find a transaction history of your account attatched. Aii intervention was automated and were arrears administration charges.Please find enclosed your cheque for £10 enclosed as the transaction history could have been requested with your initial request under the consumer credit act.

The rest of your query has been passed to our leagal department who will review and a response will follow in due course.

yours sincerley

Michael cleugh

Dataprotection officer

citifinancial & future Mortgages

STILL NO CCA but they did send me a statament which inclues one debit of £80.16 in call back charge and £ 70 in payment fees...:mad:

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

• 2 weeks later...

cancelled my DMP...

With all your help i can conquer this ...

regaining control of my finances.

Spuddly:D

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Got letter today from citifinancial it goes...

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXX

REFERENCE REQUEST FOR COPY AGREEMENT

Thank you for your recent letter.

We are concerned that you appear not to recognize that funds are owed to us. We acknowledge that a copy of agreement should have been available to you at your request and we take the consumer credit act very seriously. We also make every effort to hold customer files securely. In this instance, it would seem that your agreement was inadvertently destroyed. We therefore on this occasion, do not plan to enforce the agreement any further. We also would like to take the following actions in order to bring this situation to a close:

1. Close your account forthwith.

2. Write off the current balance of £1,667.36

3. Remove your record from the credit bureau.

4. Remove all late charges applicable to your account (£70).

As a result, We would expect no further payment to your account.

We trust that you appreciate the sincerity of this gesture, as we feel that the fact that money's were lent and received has never been in question.

Please confirm in writing that you accept the above terms, as full and final settlement of your account. Upon receipt, We will write to you and confirm that the above action has been taken.

We thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

Your sincerely

MICHAEL CLEUGH

DATA PROTECTION OFFICER

CITIFINANCIAL & FUTURE MORTGAGES

,How do i reply to this they have not made a comment on returnng my payments ?.

When did they destroy my CCA 2 months/years !! after i signed it... when?

Finally sent cheque for £1.00 back.

Wheres my history of payments ETC..?

• Haha 1

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Fantastic letter Spuddly, you have answered a lot of the questions we were pondering. Citicards said they didn't have to supply agreement and that it was on the card carrier, they are now in default of the 12 days and we are counting down to the 30, our only question would be why only 8% if they have been charging some ridiculous figure of say 30% plus, you should surely reclaim at that rate?!!!

You really can't have it both ways. You can't have a debt written off and claim back payments/charges etc. This would be considered enrichment, under common law the issue of enrichment is taken very seriously.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for your comments , so i guess ill just accept there offer as final.:)

• Haha 1

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Probably the best idea - the writing off of debts is dealt with by statute. Statute tends to see enrichment as irrelevant as it's usually (as in this case) as a result of the creditor not following statute.

You have won and should be happy enough with that :)

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Spuddly, you have got a superb result there !!

Closed account AND cleaned CRA record.

As Rory says continuing with your action maybe fool hardy.

I believe that a judge would take a very dim view on this.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

:D Believe me i am EXTREMLEY HAPPY with the outcome:D

I am now aware of what you can and cant do when given a result such as this and i view ALL the advice and help in making a final decision.

Cheers

Spuddly:)

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Aww aren't they pretty!!

My wife will love that , she is already on cloud 9 after todays result...

Many thanks

Spuddly:D

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Great news Spuddly, I'm sure you got that because you were so stern/masterful in your letter so think we will still follow your example. Wow DiskmanDave, how did you do that, that is so fab, its almost psychodelic, oh damn, now you will have guessed what era we are from!!! Never mind I'm a working pensh and proud of it even though Gordon has stolen our money; could be worse, we could be junior doctors, poor souls!!!

I would like to thank everyone on this Fandabidozi site (showing my age also), for all your praise on this outcome.;)

I am now concentrating on knocking down my next coconut with my bean bag !!!

CABOT & PARAGON ARE IN MY LINE OF SIGHT........:eek:

Check out my posts and you see that i have treated them the same as citifinancial hopefully to the same outcome.

Spuddly:cool:

CITIFINANCIAL

## chatham settled ##

Well done spuddly! I'm currently fighting citifinancial through their collection agents. They have committed the offence some 37 days ago! yet even sending a similar letter to yours, they have not responded other than continuing to attempt to collect whilst in default & having carried out an offence! All I can do is wait as TS & OFT have been informed.....