76Bramble v Argos Card Services "won"

76Bramble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, Im just starting out with Argos Card Services. Sent SAR request on 17th Apr. I received cheap and confusing screenshots on 21st Apr.:confused: I looked in other DB section but they have included ppi payment in with the late fees as an outgoing cost. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you work out how much ppi is and how much was the late fee? Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.:)

I am having the same problem I have OTHER DB on schedule, some are for £35. and some amounts are for £17.50. How are the amounts made up are they charges or ppi? Statements would have been better.

Hi Tan4874 Im glad its not just me havin this problem. Ive tried to ring Argos and they weren't very helpful as you can imagine. Im aware through reading other threads you do look in other DB section. Argos have changed late fees from £12 to £14 then £17.50. Apparently if you have ppi it is charged at £1.30 for every £100 balance. If you look in payments section and there has been a missed payment, there will be a late fee on next month. Hope this makes sense and ive not confused you further. Let me know if you need any help and I will keep you posted when I hear from Argos as will be sending prelim letter this week (Finally!):)

• 5 months later...

I have just rang North Shields county court as finally done N1 for Argos store card charges and needed to know what proof to take in for exemption of court costs. I asked her if they were staying claims and she said just bank charges but not credit card charges. I asked what about store cards and she said "we've not had any store card ones in yet".:o OMG I will be the first!!!! I just hope i'm not the first to get struck out of court! Just waiting to get proof now through the post, then it's off to court.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally put N1 form in on Fri 9th Nov. I've received a letter on Sat 17th from court saying Argos have acknowledged and it is there intention to defend all of the claim!!! Now I just have to sit and wait, nervously:rolleyes: I would love to hear from anyone who is at same stage as me. It seems as there is no one taking on Argos at the min... My thread is soooo lonely:) 76Bramble

I won !!!

Just received a letter from Argos solicitors, recorded delivery. It hasen't even been two weeks since I put N1 in. It has only been a few days since they said they were defending all of the claim. My advice is hang on in there, they give in eventually...76Bramble:)

I'm not sure if this thread needs to be moved now...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm glad your case has been sucessful. I have a problem with argos but am not sure if it is as straight forward. Everything was fine, no defaults or problems until I ordered somehing and the girl asked if I would like a buy now pay later scheme. I wasn't particularlyt interested but she said, "it just means ou won't have to pay immediately." I agreed and thought nothing of it until six months later I received a huge bill I couldn't afford. Argos said it was because I had paid for the above item within six monthsso interest had been added. I feel this was never explained properly and had it been I would never have embarked on the buy now pay later and wouldn't have become in arrears. Argos said all I can do is let my account go into arrears so it is eventually passed over to collections where and affordable direct debit will be set up. In the meantime however, I am inccuring more charges. Is there anything I can do?

...until six months later I received a huge bill I couldn't afford. Argos said it was because I had paid for the above item within six months so interest had been added.
UNfrotuately this [problem] is quite widespread (and used by some major and otherwise respectable companies). 'Interest free for 6 months' means jsut that. If you take linger than 6 months to pay it off, then interest gets added back to day one. It ought to be criminalised as mis-selling, but unfortunately, it is legal.
In the meantime however, I am inccuring more charges. Is there anything I can do?
Youcan (and should) start a claim for the charges. Follwo ths same steps as for any bank charge/credit card calim. I successfully did this with BrightHouse.

Also, start your own thread so that we can help you better.

Hi Sandys, I know Steven has already replied to your question but I just thought I'd post anyway.:) Just like Steven has said in the above post unfortunately.... I am still dealing with them with regards to mis sold PPI which I did not know I had until I received all statements, even then the statements were not clear at all. I would recommend you send a sar with £10 to Argos and find out just how many charges are on there before it gets out of control... If you need any help, I will try my best to, just ask.76Bramble:)