what is overcash & cani reclaim it

scott150663
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

where have you seen this? can you explain please

On a Abbey bank statement, others have mentioned it in their threads......do u think its a charge as 1 month they took £73 then the following month they took £70!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, cant say that i have ever seen it, at least not on my statements, perhaps someone else has seen it, try doing a site search on "overcash" and see what it turns up

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Sorry, cant say that i have ever seen it, at least not on my statements, perhaps someone else has seen it, try doing a site search on "overcash" and see what it turns up

thanks lulu

Tried that but it hasn't given me a definative answer.....i also tryed searching abbeys web site again no luck.....

I'll ring them tomorrow

Thanks for replying

Scott

I know from personal experience what Overcash is!

It's when, for whatever reason, you've exceeded your overdraft limit, or if you haven't got an overdraft you end up with no money (probably cos they've slapped charges on). Usually when they've put your account into 'Debt Management' and you can't use your card 'cos there's no money available.

So you phone up and appeal to their better side and they say they'll let you have some money....and agree what you can have!

So you go into the branch and explain that you have an arrangement to make a withdrawal, then the person behind the counter has to phone Debt Management (and wait to get through), then they explain what you want and once they've ascertained you're telling the truth, and there's usually a big queue, they have to fill in a form - to authorise the overcash arrangement - which you have to sign for and provide alternative identification aswell. (Or you can avoid the public humiliation by having 2 Accounts with Abbey and getting them to transfer the cash, to the other account which they say they will do 'by the end of business' which is really useful if you need the cash immediately).

Hope this has explained Overcash!

Thanks....glad I aint the only one that didnt have a clue!!

KnellyK - do i take it that its just like a withdrawal of my own money going to me?? (make sense???) Are you sure thats what it is? The reason i ask is cos i dont remember having any kind of arrangement with the bank and mine are anything from £55 up to £150+ and odd amounts like £73 or £121 - wouldnt take odd amounts out, it'd be £70 or £120

Skelly

Well, the lady on the phone and the poor bloke in the local branch of Abbey both called it an overcash arrangement.

When it happened to us, the blighters had put charges on the account which took us over the agreed overdraft limit, my husband's benefit payment was due in the very next day and if we hadn't had the charges we would have used the benefit for things like food, bills etc... so I phoned them and they put the account into debt management, cancelled all of the direct debits (even though some were annual ones and there would have been enough money in to meet it when the time arose) and then set about negotiating repayments. They declined to take any of the benefit payments and we agreed that they could take a proportion of another monthly credit. So in order to get money when the benefit was paid in I had to go through the palava described before!

So, yes, I suppose it's money that is (or would be) yours. I think you'd remember if it'd happened to you... I just checked my statement and the transaction on the day that it happended refers to a 'Cash Withdrawal at my local branch' there's no reference to overcash!

If I were you, I'd phone them or call in at your local branch and ask them to explain what the payments were for.