madasalorry Vs Natwest

madasalorry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just signed up with the site, having read extensively and been motivated enough.

Progress

I have already written to my bank (about a month ago) requesting my 6 years worth of statements and they returned it asking for £5 fee - fair enough.

However, they say i have to post it back to some office in scotland. Having read the threads before me, am i able to just go to my branch and ask for them and pay the fee in person instead?

Can i now change a request in erson at the branch and ask for more than 6 years?

Also, where do i find a CCA request form or do i just write a request myself.

Any help gratefully received, really hope i can navigate a way through this thing - was almost ready to just give my case to one of those companies that do it all for you - but would prefer to DIY and feel better for the result (should it come)

Good luck madasalorry!!!! Keep to the CAG process and you'll soon have your cash back! xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Wendy.

Three things came out of that call...

1) Rang Borehamwood and spoke to someone informing them i had waited over 40 days for the statements. They said they had not received the claim/the request was not visable on my file.

2) They then said they would order them for me now, and waive the fee (refused, see below) and i should have them in the next 14 days.

3) I then asked where original request and the £5 Postal order had gone to? They said they didnt know where it was and it could still be at the branch i handed the original request into (shepherd bush).

08/05

**Updated**

09/05

Went to branch, They assured me it [appl. & £5 P.O] would have been sent to the office. Enquired why there was no record of it on any file as having been received, guy acted dumb and gave me customer service number.

• 2 weeks later...

update

After waiting over 40 days and receiving nothing from natwest, i contacted the banking ombudsman yesterday to complain about Natwest ignoring me. The BO said they have taken on the case and would handle it form here.

The guy at B.O said he would apply for the charges to be refunded and the whole process would now be handled by them and i would not have to do anything else. He advised me to sit tight (upto 8 weeks) and wait for an offer from natwest to come through, then notify them as to what i planned to do about the offer.

This sounds bit too good to be true - has anyone else encountered this? Am i missing a trick by not doing it myself?

Is 8 Weeks too long a time to wait for this? (considering i started this in March)

Help/advice always gratefully received.

MAAL

Hi madasalorry - have you sent nat west one of these letters yet? (think it's the third template that you need at this stage) Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters This may get a response out of them!

Good luck - let us know how you get on. Hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.