Bank Charges Deleted!!! Help

princess56

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope you can help me. I am chasing Nat West for my daughter for the last six years regarding charges. I have just received her statements, which is nearly a book!! She was an apprentice hairdresser earning £60 a week, which every month there was going £240 in her bank. Being a teenager she was always going overdrawn and being charged!!

Anyway to cut a long story short, they have deleted all her charges. There are statements which do not run concurrent, it is like they have missed the pages with charges on.

They cannot do that can they? Is there anything I can do. Please advise. Thanks

Hi princess, sorry to hear what's happened. They can't do this........... but unfortunately you're not the first person it's happened to. Have a look through here and send them a non-compliance letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html I think it's template number one that you need to send them. Hopefully, they'll comply and send the rest of the information. If not, you'll need to take things further - but hopefully they'll comply after another letter. Have a look through michael browne's a-z guide (in the stickys on the welcome forum) as this has all the info you need on how to deal with problems like this. Hope this helps a little, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Guest NATTIE

That is even better so to speak, do you know that if she is charged and it takes her overdrawn ie in the minus, it is a breach of the CCA becuase you have to be 18 to have an overdraft, arranged or otherwise.

My daughter opened her account when she was 16. Even if she went 1p over she was charged!! The trouble is, she has not kept any of her statements. The statements that have got charges on are range from £20 to £75, and they total nearly £1200, she has literally paid thousands in charges. So how can I get them to prove it.

Also the envelope was franked The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.

Also how far can you go with Nat West. I have been a customer myself with them for 25 years and they have had their fair share of charges from me as well!!

I just think everyone is so brilliant in the way they come up with help and advice.

Guest NATTIE

You need to get the statements in order and check which ones are missing and by date order, ring Customer Relations Unit(for some reason they seem to be better than our data protection team...ODD) and they will get them ordered for you. They cannot delete charges because that is a breach of the Data Protection Act.