Spoonerific -v- Nafwest

Spoonerific

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

New user on here and this is my first post....

I'm in the early stages of my action, I've got my statements back and have sent a letter to Nafwest with a statement of the charges and a letter asking for them back citing Dunlop -v- New Garage and Murray -v- Leisure Play. All my correspondance is being dealt with by a compliance manager Lorraine Cassidy - is this the case for anyone else (mods please delete name if you feel fit)

The amount of charges owed to me is £2721.23 and I'm over my o/d limit at the moment. I moved house recently and Nafwest did not change the address on my account bit of interest and wham .... £30 pound charges! They have sent me today a letter asking me to return my cheque books etc ... I dont have any as I dont use the account to a great deal. The o/d is roughly £400 and I can easily pay it off .. would this put me in a position of strength?

The letter I received was also automated claiming that they had tried to contact me by phone ... which I suppose meant the text message that they sent me! The letter was also quite threatening talking about formal regulatory notices etc etc (Can this be used in anyway quite clearly this is not manual intervention on my account).

The 14 days are up for them to respond to my letter on the 3rd May. So I beleive its the letter before action after that.

Natwest have treated me terribly over a 10 year period and I'm intent on getting them back so if anyone has any thoughts that would help me in a bid I'd be grateful.

Turrah

Spoonerific

Hey spoonerific, welcome on board the nat west forum!!! If the 14 days are nearly up for the prelim, the LBA is your next step.

I don't think nat west are alone in their shabby treatment of peeps - to be honest, all the big banks seem like much of a much (profits before customers!!!) The main thing is, you've had enough and you're taking charge - and you're reclaiming your charges back!!

If you want to pay your O/D off, by all means do so. However, I don't think it'll matter either way to nat west! They don't seem to be very consistent in how they treat bank charge claimants.......... some are really straightforward yet they seem to drag others on for months for no reason at all!!!

You'll find loads of advice and support on here though, so keep posting your progress on this thread. Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi All,

Need some help, Natwest have written me a letter saying that my claim against them is being looked into. However the 14days is up tomorrow.

I have also received a call telling me that they WILL be offering a settlement but this could take up to 56 days. Obviously I'm not keen on waiting that long.

I have already stated in previous mails that I would get court action rolling unless this matter was resolved.... so what do I do?

To make matters worse I'm on hols for a week in nine days time.

Any advice for my next step?

Thanks

El Spoonerific

Guest NATTIE

do what you say if LBA is sent then sue the bank and follow through on what you have said. Your claim Your rules

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.