Default Rejected?!

laura1303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All some advice needed. I have been through the claims process myself and so have agreed to help me sister with her HSBC claim. All was going well and we sent off the letter before action clearly stating HSBC had 14 days until legal action started and interest charged. When this expired we started the legal claim and allowed the court process to start. About a week after the expiry of our deadline and 3 days after we started the court claim my sister received a letter offering her most of the money but not the full amount which we decided not to reply to as we assumed it had crossed with correspondance from the court, also the ammount had risen due to interest and costs. Now as the 14 days went by and nothing was done by the bank we submitted a request for a default judgement, again 2 days later my sister received a follow up letter from the bank asking if we wanted to settle for the previous ammount making no reference to the court claim. I've just looked on MCOL and it says the default request was declined, have we done something wrong? Should we contact the bank and just accept the settlement? Any info would be great as I've not been down this road before. Thanks x

take a look at these two threads -

When you have filed your AQ................

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

you should get some paperwork in a couple of days from the court - transferring your claim to a local court - then you should start the nudging process - see post 1 of both links for some ideas for letters to dg.

once your claim has been defended - i suggest a nudge letter with a breakdown every 10 days until they make an offer - the offers will now come from dg solicitors - not hsbc.