stonedecroze v halifax 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi all,

I am just starting out to recover illegal charges by Halifax taken from my son`s account. S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 24 April.

I have already recovered £1180 from them in regard to my wife`s account, took 74 days to get full refund. They just seem to roll over :smile: they agreed to pay full amount over the phone to me and took 13 days to replace money in account. Will keep you all posted on how we progress. For information purposes, if you send Postal Order for £10 with SAR they just return it, and send you all the statements for the past six years. Just make sure that you double or even triple check when totaling all the charges, ( I found highliters very useful). I do believe that you can also include any interest that they may have charged, I included them, and was reimbursed!!. may be an oversite by them. :grin::grin:

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 days are now up and have not yet received any statements or other details of charges levied. What is the next step? send angry letter to Halifax or complain to OFT? :confused: Any advice or suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

thanks for that moneyhelp, it was an over-site by me , they have had the 40 days. So now I write to them giving 7 days before I go to court to get the courts to force them to give me the info that I require :) .is that correct?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. If they refuse, or do not furnish you with the full information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner - Information Commissioners Office Information Commissioner's Office - for a breach of the Data Protection Act. We also have templated letters to force compliance through the courts - see the Templates Library.

Hope that helps.

Do I need to inform the Halifax that I am lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office? :confused::confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Yeah thats what I was thinking, but until I get my statements I am not able to proceed. It`s a bit of a catch 22 situation. I suppose that I could always go to the branch an kick off!! :mad: Not that it will get me anywhere, but it may make me feel better ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent off complaint to I.C.O. What happens next? :confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Did you send the non compliance letter?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Err no. :? Should I have? :shock:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

It helps push things on.

The ICO can take up to 8 weeks to sort out.

So send this letter aswell..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I am about to send this of to my local branch, I am dealing with Halifax though them and not the Head Office, Is this about right, or does any-one have an sugestons for improvements or additions? CHEERS;)

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

On 23 April 2007 I wrote to you requesting a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges applied to my account and enclosed £10 to cover the cost. You replied to this request on the 24 April 2007 returning my postal order and informing me that you had passed this request to your Head Office. The 40 days allowed by law to comply with this have now long passed and I have still not received the information. I have lodged a compliant with the Information Commissioners Office on 05 June 2007 informing them of your failure to comply with regulations concerning Subject Access Requests.

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Just wondering why you are dealing with the branch and not head office :rolleyes:

F&Q's... Read here

Where do I go to file action? local Magistrates court or County court? I`m moving into unknown territory now. Last one was simple, they just paid up when I got to LBA. made offer which I refused via phone and they agreed full amount. I am doing this on behalf of my son, so who has to attend court, me or him?:confused:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

;)I am dealing with branch as that is where the account is not Head Office, also new manager there seems more approachable and may add her comments to everything. :)

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

It has to be your local county court.

Try not to worry too much yet. The chances of this going to court are extremely slim. Halifax normally pay fairly easily.

They do like you to file first. Then they pay.

They must have money to spare..:D

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have just returned from a short break in Spain and on my return I had received a short letter from the Data Subject Access Request Team attached to this was a list of all the charges levied against this account giving date and amount charged. these vary between £28 and £39, but give no indication of why, i.e. failed standing order, direct debit or unauthorised overdraft. do I need to know this or is just the date and amount good enough for the next step? any advice gratefully received. Also do I need to inform ICO that they have given me part of the information that I requested? :confused: thanks

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

OK thanks, :) I have basically just copied their list into the spreadsheet and will send this with letter requesting refund of all charges which total £2611.00 in the morning. I will also add a short paragraph to the effect that I expect to hear from them within 14 days and also state that in view of their earlier failure comply with the required time limit re the S.A.R causing me to have to complain to the Information Commissioners Office that I will stick rigidly to my timescale :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• Haha 1

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Thanks for that Dusary, but I have not reached that stage yet. The letter I am bout to send is letter 2, preliminary request for repayment, because of the delay in Halifax`s response to my S.A.R. my time scale has been extended due to the fact that I was unaware of what charges had been levied.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Ok.

That's par for the course with a lot of us - as you'll see from my update to my thread today!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland-9.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos

It looks as though you know what you are doing - but keep us updated with your progress.

Thanks for tipping me scales. I didn't really deserve it!

• Haha 1

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!