Carcraft & Pre Sales Inspection - I want a copy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm wondering where I stand with this one...

Bought a car from Carcraft last August, and got the service book, keys, v5, but no copy of the PDI.

Spoke to them this morning but got the usual "oh, we'll ring you back". So we went to their service department (avoiding the sales guys), only to be told that we couldn't have a copy because it is "policy".

As we'd bought the car, I think we have some right to know what they inspected before it was sold to us.

Do we have a right to get a copy of it (not a photocopy of a blank pdi)? I know their members of the Retail Motor industry Federation, and their code of practice states that a copy should be given to the customer BUT can they ignore it anyway?

Any advice on how to proceed would be grateful.

Thanks

I don't see why you can't have a copy unless they have something to hide. I work for a main dealer, and we have PDI sheets for used vehicle's. I am sure if a customer requested a copy, we would give it to them.

Just out of interest, why are you looking for a copy - is there something wrong with the car?

I used to work for a Ford dealership a few years ago, and they also didn't have a problem with giving them out.

The reason I originally wanted it was just to see what they had done to the car, like change the air filter, change the oil, brakes, etc. The car is feeling a bit ropey at the moment, which I think is one of the filters (I hope :-/). It's in for a service at our local garage, so hopefully that will fix it.

A previous car we bought (different garage) had a few things wrong with it when we test drove it, and they said they'd fix it - think it was a wishbone problem - except they just welded it together, and they didn't replace a couple of bushes that should have been done. Cut a long story short, the damn car's steering screwed up while driving on Skye, and nearly sent us over the edge of a cliff!!

I suppose I'm just being cautious...