• Tweets

• Could you link us to BankFodder's post please? The judge's office means something different to me. HB
    • Hi LFI, With regard to the ANPR cameras in your post #65, while I was on the phone to the Planning Department, they did take a look at Google Streetview and went back to 2012 where they could see the ANPR cameras in place so therefore they would have deemed consent. I had previously read the T&C Planning Regulations and had read the section on deemed consent so I understood the point they made on the phone. It doesn't matter though, that doesn't harm my case any, and I shouldn't really mention this now, (this is what you reminded me of on another thread) but in the past I was a member of a scheme that gave me access to legal advice, I have spoken to a barrister previously through this scheme on another matter and I think I am still a member. I am going to check if I am still a member of the scheme, and if I am I will discuss my case with a barrister or solicitor, whichever the scheme deems appropriate. I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to take Bankfodders advice in the sticky and go to the local court and ask if I can sit in on a case in the Judges office.
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my reply to DG solicitors Monday and they recieved it 08.08.2006. I haven't heard anything from them and it's now Thursday. If they don't file a defence within the 28 days do I still win by default?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the court served your particulars of claim in, or with, the claim form, the Form N205A (notice of issue), given or sent to you when you issued the claim, will show the date by which the defendant should reply. This will be 14 days after the defendant was 'served with' (received) your claim form. You must wait until after this date before you can take any action.

If the defendant does not reply to your claim, you can ask the court to enter judgment 'by default' (that is, make an order that the defendant pay you the amount you have claimed because no reply has been received). You should do this as soon as possible after the 14 days have passed. Until the court receives your request to enter judgment, the defendant can still reply to your claim. If the court receives the defendant's reply before your request, that reply will have priority even though it has been filed late.

If you do not request judgment within six months of the end of the period for filing a defendant your claim will be 'stayed' (stopped or halted) and the only action you could take would be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Thanks for this Angela.

Well HSBC acknowledged my claim within the 14 days saying they would defend. I got then got a full settlment offer three dys later. I sent a reply back (above) which they received last tuesday (08.08.2006). I haven't heard from them and was just thinking that if they now don't reply I win by default after the 28 days, is that right?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Just an update. i sent this reply to DG solicitors with regards to their settlement offer:

Thank you for your letter dated 01.08.2006 regarding a settlement offer for the claim I have made against HSBC. Firstly, I would like to point out that I find it offensive that your letter was addressed to Ms un1boy and started Dear Madam. I am surprised that you would address me as though I am female, especially as my records show that I am in fact a male and all of my letters are signed off “un1boy (MR.)”. In any case, I would like to inform you that I have received your letter and noted your points. However, like you I am also quite confident that I can prove my case in court and prove that these are in fact penalties that you are trying to cloak as a service charge. I am also very confident that a judge will also see it this way. Whilst I have to mitigate my loss I am prepared to accept the figure of £600.27 you have quoted. I will accept this as full and final settlement of the cash element particular claim, in the form of a cheque made payable to: Mr. un1boy. I expect the cheque to reach me within seven days.I reject all other conditions you have attached: Unless your client would like to negotiate a payment for this extra service you are asking from me, as a separate agreement?

I will continue my claim against your clients until such time that your client accepts my terms and has paid the full amount, including the daily interest, into my account

Please be advised that I require all further correspondence to be sent to the address at the top of this letter. I have made this request in writing to HSBC as part of my original Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request and many times over the phone; all of my letters to HSBC have also had this address at the top of them. Any correspondence sent to xxxx will take another two working days to be re-directed to me and could be viewed as a breach of the Data Protection Act as you and HSBC have not kept up-to-date information, despite my requests both verbally and in writing.

Damn it, I've just ahd thought - should I have sent a copy of this to the court? They marked their original letter "without prejudice." How does this effect it? I'm thinking I should forward a copy to Northammpton - any advice?

Thanks guys! :)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

*bump*

My charges claims:

Default removals:

got a letter from DG today saying my cheque will be with me within seven days from 16.08.2006. now, the mcol deadline is Monday 21.08.2006 - they said that if i do not withdraw it then "that's no problem, we can enter a defence!"

any ideas? should i withdraw it, or at least call the court and tell them and maybe extend it by another seven days? I just want my money at the end of the day!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Have seen a couple of other threads where they have hung around when issuing a cheque, personally I'd wait a see which comes first, the cheque or the mcol deadline. If they enter a defence by midnight 21st then they get another 14 days. If not then you can issue judgement and send the baliffs in ( plus get the daily rate between now and then).

Why does it take so long to issue a cheque?, I work in customer services for an international retailer and it takes us 2 days from request to dispatch, even quicker if we can be bothered to phone the accounts dept and ask them rather than waiting for the system to run of a cheque report.

Oh well, at least you're getting it... eventually, they still haven't agreed to mine.

I agree, doesn't take that long! well, last day is tomorrow - I have been advised to tell DG that I am not withdrawing so will ahve to call them Monday. she said though, "that's ok - we can enter a defence!" Cheeky woman!

abcdef - I can't seem to PM you, it says you aren't accepting them so I couldn't reply.

do you think i should call them on Monday? i spoke with her friday and said that I'm not withdrawing it anyway and then she said - that's ok, we can enter a defnece and then asked if the cheque will definitely be issued and she said yes. so i said, ok then basically. i don't know how where to go now really, not tell them or do tell them?!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Scrap that above - I've just checked MCOL and they have entered a defence. Do you think they have done purely to give them another 14 days or will they make me go to court?

Also, once this is done I'm going to write to the court to enlighten them on the fact that HSBC are being vexatious litigants - using the court timescales to "buy" them time, even though they are settling!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

OMG - how cheeky is that?! I'm sure that they shouldn't be using the system in that way. Have just checked mine and it still shows acknowledged. Oh well, at least your money is on route... hopefully. If they just got their behinds into gear it wouldn't have been a problem!

OMG - how cheeky is that?! I'm sure that they shouldn't be using the system in that way.

I agree. something else a bit strange - HSBC have been sending my information to my mum and dad's address because the account wsa registered there (even though I asked them to change it to my address in my DPA request!) anyway, dad called me this afternoon and said there is a chqeue for the full amount (minus dailt interest - which was a condition of my settlment). the letter actually said that they had recieved a deposit for the amount but the account closed so have issued me with a cheque. Well, my settlement letter is above and I don't understand why they would try and send it to me as a BACS and not a cheque (as stated in my settlement!)

Now, the problem here is I DG have defended the claim so do I cash the cheque and contact them to persue for the interest, leave the interest or not cash the cheque? I am scared that the cheque may have now been cancelled!

Another strange thing is I sent HSBC a DPA breach letter because they haven't sent me any notes on my account. I need these notes for something totally unrelated to my bank charges so could really do with them! I got a letter from Colin Langdale saying on the lines of..."HSBC's systems aren't structured in a way that we log all manual interactions and our charges are not calcualted on the amount of manual interactions you have. There is no more information you are entitled to under the DPA which will shed light on the charges situation."

Now, I actually asked for a complete copy of all notes held on file, so will reply saying that the DPA requires them to provide ALL information about me and that I asked for all notes as well as any manual interactions. What a strange letter!

• Confused 1

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I really do think that they've just filed a defence to buy them enough time to get this payment to you. Sounds like they tried to pay in by BACS so it went into account straight away - only problem.. you no longer have an account... doh! (they really earn their money at HSBC!)

I would imagine that they're sending to your old address as they haven't read your letter prorerly and noted your new address.

I expect that the cheque will be fine, try banking it ( you can get special clearance for a few pounds). The daily interest is only a few quid and, personally, I don't think i'd pursue it as you've now got a cheque - provided it clears that is.

It looks like HSBC didn't want a CCJ against them and that's why they've been ackward. But then again, this is HSBC, who really knows what they are doing.... not even them apparently!

Well done anyway, I'm not tooooo jealous. Outside the bank at 9am Monday then?

I really do think that they've just filed a defence to buy them enough time to get this payment to you. Sounds like they tried to pay in by BACS so it went into account straight away - only problem.. you no longer have an account... doh! (they really earn their money at HSBC!)

I would imagine that they're sending to your old address as they haven't read your letter prorerly and noted your new address.

I expect that the cheque will be fine, try banking it ( you can get special clearance for a few pounds). The daily interest is only a few quid and, personally, I don't think i'd pursue it as you've now got a cheque - provided it clears that is.

It looks like HSBC didn't want a CCJ against them and that's why they've been ackward. But then again, this is HSBC, who really knows what they are doing.... not even them apparently!

Well done anyway, I'm not tooooo jealous. Outside the bank at 9am Monday then?

I agree with you - the letter accpmpanying the cheque said that someone had tried depositing the cash a BACS transfer......hmmm, my settlement was as a cheque!! They forwarded it on as a cheque because the account was closed. I won't bother with the daily interest, but sometimes I just want to persue it out of principle.

I have sent colin langdale this letter in response to him telling me that I am entitled to no more information under the DPA "which will shed light on the charges situation."

_______

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxx regarding manual intervention and staff activity on my account. I note your comments regarding the disassociation with the calculation of your fees and the volume of staff activity on customers’ accounts.

The purpose of my request however was to obtain all information HSBC holds on me regarding the account above; as per my rights under the Data Protection Act (DPA). This includes all notes that have been applied to my account since its inception. The first sentence of my letter dated xxxxx states this clearly.

I therefore would appreciate you forwarding all information held about me regarding the above account, with the exception of the statements, within the next 14 days.

Let's see what he replies. If he does, lol.

In terms of my settlement - if the cheque clears, how do I stop the claim? Because they haev entered a defence can I now take it all the way? I'm so tempted to - or should I see what their defence is? MCOL says I cannot do anything now.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Excellent letter, check what's in brackets as I think you meant SAR.

I've been told (by HSBC) that a whole office full of people manually return d/d's, needless to say I'm chasing a transcript of this conversation and have asked for evidence of this.

Excellent letter, check what's in brackets as I think you meant S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

Oh, yes- thanks for that!!

I've been told (by HSBC) that a whole office full of people manually return d/d's, needless to say I'm chasing a transcript of this conversation and have asked for evidence of this.

If it helps, the letter I received from Colin Langdale to which I have sent the above as a reply said that the amount of manual intervention on a customers account does not effect the amount they are charged as cahrges are just set at a standard rate!

I'll post the letter if you want me to? I'll type it out!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

For sure, is it ok to do after the bank holiday?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

lol not really, just not expecting to be that sober until wednesday!! ;-)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Well I'm sober now, hehe.

I will get the letter from home and type it up here for you tomorrow.

UPDATE ON MY CLAIM:

Called Alan Burton at DG solicitors as Deb D'Aubney is away until 04.09.2006 o inform I received the cheque but no daily interest. He said he will get another cheque issued for the amount of the interest within 7 days.

I wasn't gonna press for the daily interest but after the way she spoke to me the other day I thought I would, and afterall it was part opf my settlement.

As they have entered a defence he has informed me to write to the court to advise them it has been settled. I will write to themt o let them know I will confirm it has been settled as soon as the daily interest has been reecived. I will also advised them of the conversation Debbie and I had and that she only entered a defence in order to buy them the time. Let's see what the court think of that!!

Does the daily interest get calculated from the date they were served to the date the cheque was received or what?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Sar001 - here's that reply I got from Colin Langdale - let me know if it helps:

Further to your telephone converstion with Keith Needham, I can confirm that we have provided statements on your bank account as advised in our letter dated xxx.

We hve also refunded charges of £600.27 as detailed in our letter of the 17 August.

Our letter dated the 15 May 2006 advised the situation with regards to Manual Intervention and I include further information that may clarify the situation.

You should be aware that HSBC’s charges are not fixed by reference to the specific amount of staff activity involved in the handling of individual accounts. The level of staff involvement in account management varies from case to case but our charges are set at standard rates, set out in our price list. Changes to these charges are notified to you in accordance with the Banking Code. By fixing and publishing standard charges, HSBC ensures that customers are fully aware if the charges that will apply to their accounts.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hey Sar011 does the abovehelp you at all?

My charges claims:

Default removals: