valhala vs Nationwide

valhala

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Well I started my claim with this bank a few weeks ago. I have only banked with them for a year so I did not bother writing for statements, if you have netbanking you can see the list of charges for free on your online statement. mine came to £180.

Not a large amount but they still intend to defend it. I sent the usual letters and then started my moneyclaim. I got a signed form from a Mr Bacon saying Nationwide intend to defend the whole claim and they have the 28 days.

well since getting that I have not heard anything back, the 28 days are upp next Tuesday, it seems common that they leave it till the last minute or hopefully I will win be default?.

Anyway since I started this claim a further £150 have been added to my account in charges for (5x bounced payments) It was my fault although I thought I had canclled the payments. I emailed them this and I recieved a letter that they have refunded £30 as a goodwill gesture. Anyway I am not saying anything untill my current claim is sorted but is it likely I might have to start a new claim for this or if I win this current one they might just wipe it??

Another weird thing has happened, As of this week I have been unable to access my internet banking, very strange indeed. I think they are messing with my mind :grin:

ill keep you posted

Hi valhala,

You will most probably receive a letter saying you are not entitled to a refund but keep an eye on your account and you will be paid.I also received a refund of charges pending so you might get that back as well.

Keep the faith.

Hi All,

Just checked my bank account and I have had a CN(think that means correction) for £180. the 28 days given on the moneyclaim form expries on Monday so I am assuming this is something to do with that, however I was claiming back £225 with court fees and interest so if this is something to do with that I don`t know what they are playing at.

Anyway maybe ill have a letter or something when I get home tonight.

Hi Valhalla,

I think you can safely assume its the beginning of the end. Congratulations!! The separate amounts that they pay in don't always equate to defineable amounts like claim, interest and costs. I think this is so that it would be difficult to confirm that your 'correction' was indeed a refund and that you won your case. Bless NW. They hate to admit that they were wrong. :rolleyes:

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hi Valhalla,

I think you can safely assume its the beginning of the end. Congratulations!! The separate amounts that they pay in don't always equate to defineable amounts like claim, interest and costs. I think this is so that it would be difficult to confirm that your 'correction' was indeed a refund and that you won your case. Bless NW. They hate to admit that they were wrong. :rolleyes:

K.

hiya,

yeh I have had two seperate payments that come to what I am owed :grin:

However about 12 days ago I was charged again for stuff that happened before this claim(I forgot about these charges). just wondering what you think I should do now, it totals about £120. surely I don`t have to go through all this again!

surely I don`t have to go through all this again!

Don't you like white knuckle rides? :p Yep, hit them again. Just bear in mind that your parachute account is likely to get some use. You could wait to see if you incur any more for a bigger claim, but things are constantly changing. I'd get it done.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck