• Tweets

• It isnt a great thing to have to worry about all these things. I am sure someone on this site will offer some great advice.   Priority debts need to be sorted first; Rent/Mortgage, Council Tax, Utility   - Dont quote me as I do not know the legal points around this; but Overdrafts, catalouge, card debts are not priority. I would sit down and work out exactly what your priority debts and living costs are, deduct from your income. Look at all your cards, loans overdrafts etc, list them all, starting from the highest interest charging ones, think what and which ones to work out a realistic monthly payment, dont overpay what you cant afford.  I would consider not using the cards etc, as you will be adding to your debt and problems. I would contact someone Like Stepchange or Citizens advice, they will offer you some very good advice and ways of contacting your companies you have debt with. Dont be afraid of your debt companies, write to the fully explaining situation and what you can realistically offer, do not be preasurised into paying more than you can I personally prefer contact by post or e mail rather than telephone. Ive no idea what Factor, Monzo is, but may well fall in line with what Ive said.   Keep a note in a diary of every call you made or who contacted you, ask for names, keep and copy all letters to and from as this may be helpfull further down the line for record keeping.   Do not ignore contact as this just adds more stress for you and the problem wont go away.   Make sure you make your affordable monthly payments, every month, even if they say we wont accept it, its to low.    As you have a lot of stress going on, I would certainly contact someone like Stepchange or Citizens advice,    Good luck
    • Hy. Caring for family adult learning disability; full time, currently unpaid from work, unpaid carer - receive weekly carers allowance This is what I have searched on so far; - can only receive from employment £132 a week, after Tax, NI, deductions in all about £201.00 a week, but this is taxable and needs to be entered on tax submission, but if less than personal allowance then no tax may be paid? - I believe NI is paid as long as you get the carers allowance, although gap between break in employment and start of carers allowance may not be? -Should employment end due to company not happy in change of hrs and I have to leave, then only the carers allowance would for be the income, If UC is applied for would this allowance be deducted from what UC give or the person I cared for be affected - Savings may affect if you get UC or not - Certainly cant be available for looking for work as full time carer   anyone have any points, help or advice on this issue please
    • hy, In a nutshell; - current contract  work part time Mon to Fri 24 hrs - Unpaid year off break to become family member full time carer - Need to either go back to work at end of next month, start of July or leave - Application for Transfer was turned down   - Letter to go in this week with a application form to request change of contract, hrs, days so that I can look after family member - change requested will be work mon, tues, wed but not more than 13.5hrs or 14, then breaks deducted to stay within legal earnings limit as carers allowance is recieved - it is not possible to work thur, fri sat, sun due to care needs and travelling for adult disabled family member   ok; Ive done a bit of digging, I can send application  for reduction of the hrs and contract which i think the govt said I can legally do. Doesnt mean the company has to be bound legally by it. It may be that it isnt suitible and there for ask me to resign. Or they may agree! Or terminate my employment. But as I am a full time family carer for a family member within the same household, I should have a good case to argue.    Does anyone have any further knowledge or experince of this to advice me, what legal or other rights, but if I quit or asked to quit, would claiming benefits as such be suspended for quiting a job, thanks    
    • I’m looking for some guidance please. I’ve been reading up but am stuck on what I should do and going round in circles now.   Trying to manage my own DMP and making a mess of it I think.   My income is £1015 per month Essential outgoings: factor fee £93 pet insurance £81 (giant breed so quite costly) TV licence £13.37 Groceries for 3 adults and giant breed dog £309 Council Tax £111 Internet £36 Electric £59 No water/gas/car Public transport £30 Gifts £15 Mobiles £6 Debt to family £42 Saving £0 Leftover £220 (for creditors) Actual Original Total Due to Creditors £600 (pro rata started) So I’ve started negotiating pro rata payments while still trying to keep credit cards going for future emergencies (they are maxed now but if I can pay them down it releases credit for me to have as a back Up)   It’s all getting worse, I’m struggling, I have depression, my wife has depression and is unwell. Interest on 3 cards is over £100 so not really paying anything off.   I’ve negotiated pro rata on some and I think I’ve gone in too high because I’m really struggling with it, I forgot that when they ask for income expenses they don’t take into account that the factor bill is 3 monthly and therefore I need £279 by May 31st and not £93 as budgeted so already in trouble for month 2. Partner debts: Starling bank overdraft: £400, 2019. Pro rata £14 arrangement to pay, no default.   Tesco Credit Card: £100  started 1/12/2019; defaulted 7/10/20 £5 mth   Virgin Credit Card: £2700 started 14/5/18; defaulted 30/3/21 £5 mth   Marks and Spencer Credit Card: £850 started 18/10/19; defaulted 13/1/21 £5 mth   Nationwide Credit Card: £1500 started 30/4/19; defaulted 28/12/20 £5 mth   Barclaycard CC: £1400 (PRA group purchased it) started 25/8/18; defaulted 16/7/20 £5 mth.    Aqua Credit Card: £3900 (now with Cabot Financial) started 3/12/18;  defaulted 12/11/20 £5mth   Aqua Loan: £1700 (now with Link Financial) started 28/9/19; defaulted 2/2/2021 £5 mth   My Debts:   Monzo Loan:  £1900 October 2021 – permanent pro rata £39 agreed, not defaulted    Likely Loans: £1500 December 2021 – temp £14 pro rata, not defaulted    Monzo overdraft: varies up to £750  - temp £10 pro rata   Monzo Flex: £900 December 2021 – temp £11 pro rata   Fluid Credit Card: £1500 July 2021 (on a holiday until August) £0    Capital One Credit Card: £700 £40 mth (up to date)   Amazon Credit card: £2450 November 2021 £75 mth (up to date)   Next: £56 December 2021,  £5 mth (up to date)   My dilemma is I can’t pay the factor bill and have maxed my cards.   I wonder about going on a payment holiday with Amazon and Capital One and then negotiate pro rata using a part of the £220 left for creditors in time, so keeping the pro rata proportional.   In August my Fluid holiday ends and they want £80.   I’m not getting hassled by any creditors and prefer an option that keeps it that way but last night seriously thought should I stop paying all of some of them.   Thanks  Stuckfast    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

valhala vs Nationwide

valhala

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Well I started my claim with this bank a few weeks ago. I have only banked with them for a year so I did not bother writing for statements, if you have netbanking you can see the list of charges for free on your online statement. mine came to £180.

Not a large amount but they still intend to defend it. I sent the usual letters and then started my moneyclaim. I got a signed form from a Mr Bacon saying Nationwide intend to defend the whole claim and they have the 28 days.

well since getting that I have not heard anything back, the 28 days are upp next Tuesday, it seems common that they leave it till the last minute or hopefully I will win be default?.

Anyway since I started this claim a further £150 have been added to my account in charges for (5x bounced payments) It was my fault although I thought I had canclled the payments. I emailed them this and I recieved a letter that they have refunded £30 as a goodwill gesture. Anyway I am not saying anything untill my current claim is sorted but is it likely I might have to start a new claim for this or if I win this current one they might just wipe it??

Another weird thing has happened, As of this week I have been unable to access my internet banking, very strange indeed. I think they are messing with my mind :grin:

ill keep you posted

Hi valhala,

You will most probably receive a letter saying you are not entitled to a refund but keep an eye on your account and you will be paid.I also received a refund of charges pending so you might get that back as well.

Keep the faith.

Hi All,

Just checked my bank account and I have had a CN(think that means correction) for £180. the 28 days given on the moneyclaim form expries on Monday so I am assuming this is something to do with that, however I was claiming back £225 with court fees and interest so if this is something to do with that I don`t know what they are playing at.

Anyway maybe ill have a letter or something when I get home tonight.

Hi Valhalla,

I think you can safely assume its the beginning of the end. Congratulations!! The separate amounts that they pay in don't always equate to defineable amounts like claim, interest and costs. I think this is so that it would be difficult to confirm that your 'correction' was indeed a refund and that you won your case. Bless NW. They hate to admit that they were wrong. :rolleyes:

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hi Valhalla,

I think you can safely assume its the beginning of the end. Congratulations!! The separate amounts that they pay in don't always equate to defineable amounts like claim, interest and costs. I think this is so that it would be difficult to confirm that your 'correction' was indeed a refund and that you won your case. Bless NW. They hate to admit that they were wrong. :rolleyes:

K.

hiya,

yeh I have had two seperate payments that come to what I am owed :grin:

However about 12 days ago I was charged again for stuff that happened before this claim(I forgot about these charges). just wondering what you think I should do now, it totals about £120. surely I don`t have to go through all this again!

surely I don`t have to go through all this again!

Don't you like white knuckle rides? :p Yep, hit them again. Just bear in mind that your parachute account is likely to get some use. You could wait to see if you incur any more for a bigger claim, but things are constantly changing. I'd get it done.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck