• Tweets

• Far too much detail I think. Also you seem to be justifying yourself all the time. You are adopting the position of the supplicant. Just tell them the item XXX which was sent using them is apparently lost and they have refused you compensation. Tell them this is not acceptable and this is a formal complaint.  
    • Here's draft 1.  what have I missed? Many thanks.       [sending date] Dear Sirs I am writing to request payment regarding claim xxxxxx and repayment of the full cost of invoice No. xxxxxx within 14 days.   On [date] I purchased a  service to deliver a package to [company] and also additional insurance cover against loss to the value of £230.  After I discovered it had not been delivered, I contacted Hermes, they investigated, declared it lost and sent me a form to claim on the insurance.    Since then there has been an unreasonable insistence on their having sight of the original purchase invoice for the satnav in the package.  This is missing. This is not reasonable because the satnav is 3 years old and out of warranty.  One would not expect to need a purchase invoice this length of time after the expiry of a warranty.  It was insured for £230 because that was the purchase (credit card payment details provided) and is also the current purchase price (details also provided).   My claim is for the insurance I paid for to be paid in full, and a full refund of the charges paid in consideration of obtaining a service that was not delivered.  I look forward to a satisfactory resolution without recourse further action.      
    • Al Gore's Generation Investment Management buys a 13% stake in UK firm Octopus Energy Group.View the full article
    • This is from a report by the Transport select committee 2016/2017, not long after the referendum.  
    • You didn't use Hermes insurance because you've never had difficulty in the past is a bit like saying that you didn't bother to look when you crossed the road this time because you've never been run down before. Luckily for you, the insurance requirement is unfair and unenforceable in our view – and I suggest that you start reading around the sub- forum to understand why and also the other arguments that will be used by Hermes against you to try and defeat your claim. Please also read around the sub- forum to understand the process, how it works – and the steps involve taking a small claim in the County Court. It's all pretty straightforward but it is worth understanding in advance, partly because this is a self-help forum and you need to take responsibility yourself – and secondly because you have more confidence in what you do. On your timeline of events, everything seems to be good. In fact looking your letter of claim you do seem to have understood why the insurances unfair and unenforceable – but reinforce your reading anyway. The only comment about the letter of claim is that you should headed up "letter of claim" – but everything else is to be good. Send it by recorded delivery but also confirm it in an email – using the same date for both so that the 14 day deadline is the same. While you are waiting for 14 days to expire, register with the County Court money claim website and start preparing your claim. You can save your work as you go. Post a draft of your particulars of claim here for us to check and get everything ready so that on day 15 you can click it off. Keep us updated
  • Our picks

wsm36 v Capital One

gizmo111

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks