• Tweets

• HI   Ah that little lets downgrade it to a Stage 1 Complaint so it looks like wee dealt with it properly if the Regulator looks at our books/files.   It's a tactic Housing Association use even my own recently tried that and I refused to let them get away with it.   So you respond to the Customer Service Manager NOT BY PHONE unless you can record the call.   To Customer Service Manager   Following our telephone conversation on XX/XX/2021 reference my Formal  Complaint you informed me that my Complaint was being dealt with as a Stage 1 Complaint.   I find this unacceptable as this Complaint was made via T&C online Portal with Acknowledgement receipt from T%C of my Complaint in July 2021 and T&C have now only decided to deal with this after I recently had to Hand Deliver (16th Sept 2021) that Complaint to your Office which is  unacceptable.   Therefore T&C have had from July 2021 to resolve this Complaint as per your own Stage 1 Complaint procedure and I quote:   Stage 1: Your complaint will be allocated to a member of staff who will contact you within 2 working days to discuss your complaint and understand the problem. We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days, but sometimes investigations can take longer. In this case we’ll let you know, keep you updated and agree a timescale for our response with you. As the above has not been carried out and was only acted upon as previously stated when I hand delivered  my Complaint again on 16th Sept 2021 to your Office this is not a Stage 1 Complaint as T&C have Failed to carryout the above Stage 1 Complaint Procedure since July 2021 therefore my Complaint should be Escalated to a Stage 2 Complaint as per your own Complaints Procedure. If T%C refuse to escalate this Complaint to Stage 2 I require full Clarification as to why.        
    • Hi guys, I have recently found this website and have been reading a lot regarding Hermes scandals. Thanks a lot to all the people running and supporting this forum. Doing lord's work. Here is my case, hope I can get some help. On 07/08/2021, I used Hermes service to ship my laptop however the laptop never reached its intended destination.  On 16/08/2021, I had a chat with their representative over the phone to get an update on the situation. I was told they will start a brief investigation to find my laptop. After a long wait, on 14/09/2021, it was confirmed that my laptop was indeed lost. On 25/09/2021, I filled in the compensation form.  On 27/09/2021, I received compensation of £20 + postage of £5.80. On 28/09/2021, I asked them to review their compensation and reimburse me in full. (Formal complaint) The laptop was purchased on 02/08/2021 priced at £1049. Do have a PayPal invoice for it. I did not use Hermes insurance as I didn't have any trouble with their deliveries in the past. The parcel was declared as a laptop. I have prepared a letter of claim to send them as soon as they reject my request to pay in full. Few questions, I couldn't find answers about: Do i need to send email to Hermes with letter of claim or post? Next steps: Wait for formal complaint's response..  Submit letter of claim, wait 2 weeks, then register and issue complain on money claim county court website? Hope i can get some feedback on my letter of claim.   Letter of claim1.pdf
    • See all resources available if you would like to become an apprentice in Coventry.View the full article
    • Funny you should mention it-I have today got a letter from the court telling me the judge's comments 'there is no record of an email of 23 July 2021 with the Help With Fees application' 'the Help With Fees code was not generated until either 21 April 2021 or 18 August 2021 and so cannot have been included in an email sent on 23 July 2021'.  'If you want to set aside the order of 2 Aug 2021(I assume that's the one that no-one vhas received,vacating the case) you must make an N244 application  and pay the fee of £255 or submit a Help With Fees application'.   They don't even know when the code was generated and have no idea whether this was before or after the email was sent to them...    
    • The US carmaker vows to "lead America's shift to electric vehicles" with largest ever factory.View the full article
  • Our picks

A&L What Can I Claim For.....

swampy2363

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have at long last got myself into gear and started the ball rolling for my claim.

But need some advice on what i can attempt to claim back.

Alliance & Leicester used to charged £10 a month for using there O/D facility which then went down to £5 in Jan 02.

But if you went over the agreed O/D the monthly charge was £25 a month.

Am I correct in assuming that I can only claim the difference between the £5 and the £25 ?.

If I can claim for the full charges eg the £5 and the £25 over the last 6 years then this would add up to £400.

Also i assume that I cannot claim for the interest that was charged as most of this would of been the charge for the agreed O/D.

The charges that I think that i can claim for are the daily charge over the agreed O/D which was £3.50 a day and add up to £245, and the charges for failed transactions which add to £353.50.

I know this is not much but this is the account that i thought would only have charges of £200 Max.I am still waiting for the statements for the account that had the bulk of charges.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Swampy2363

Hi,

I've just asked the same question ... hope this reply helps :-

For your info, here is a list of charges that were applied to A&L accounts, taken from bank statement Tarrifs and Charges and the period that the charges applied to:

1 Jan 00 to 11 Oct 01

Authorised OD Charge - £8.00 - Cannot be claimed

Unauthorised OD Charge - £10 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - £3.50/day charged upto max of 15 days per month (£52.50) - Can be claimed

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £27.50 - Can be claimed

12 Oct 01 to 7 Jan 01

Unauthorised OD Charge - £10 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - £3.50/day upto max of 15 days per month (£52.50) - Can be claimed

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £27.50 - Can be claimed

8 Jan 02 to 1 Dec 02

Unauthorised OD Charge - £25 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - Nil

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £29.50 - Can be claimed

2 Dec 02 to 31 Jul 04

Authorised OD Charge - £5.00 - Cannot be claimed

Unauthorised OD Charge - £25 - Can be claimed

Daily Unauthorised OD Charge - Nil

Failed Item Charge (Cheque/SO/DD etc) - £29.50 - Can be claimed

In a nutshell, looks like most charges can be claimed for EXCEPT the £5 monthly OD charge.(which I've inadvertently claimed for :rolleyes:)

Good luckicon7.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hi Mimijane

You sound sharp. I am at letter three with A&L and they have replied with a refusal letter and a leaflet "Your guide to complaints".

Her is their letter to me. I shall check my claim against your specs but I am sure it will still be the same. Anyway here is what they said:-

Thankyou for contacting us regarding fees which you feel were unfairly debited to your account.

While I understand your concerns, please be assured our fees are reasonable and competitive with those made by other financial organizations.

The Office of fair trading has commented that they consider the level of late payment fees to be unfair, however, they were actually referring to late payment fees for credit card payments., which are quite distinct from a bank,s fee on current accounts.

Discussions are ongoing between the banks and the OFT regarding current accounts and once the outcome is known, Alliance an Leicester will review its position as appropriate.

As well as making customers aware of our fees when opening accounts, we also continue to do so through our website, our branches, by telephone and on the back of statements. In view of this, I do not feel that you have been unfairly charged and regret that I can not agree to refund your fees.

If you would like to discuss any aspect of our response further, please contact me on the above number. The enclossed leaflet explains the steps we take to deal with complaints. I will keep your file open for 8 weeks and if I have not heard from you by then, I will consider the matter closed.End.

What now? I don't suppose they would reconsider and pay up on the basis of a telephone appeal against their descision?

This is their "standard" letter and they're hoping to frighten you into not claiming:rolleyes:. Don't be fooled and start court proceedings. Best not to enter into telephone discussions ... you'll get nowhere and you want everything in writing.icon7.gif

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Alliance & Leicester and Nat West are the biggest culprits for closing down your account when they pay up. However, the possibility exists for any bank to do this, and they are:rolleyes:.

As for your second question, not sure about this, but I would have thought the court claim would be treated as separate to anything else, so you'd probably get your money back through the courts and the bank would treat the OD matter separately, depending on whether or not they decide to close your acccount.

your claim

Hi MimiJane,

Thanks for the info,i don't intend to make any phone calls to them,it will be all letters.As for them closing the account i am not bothered at all as i have been trying to get the wife to close this one for years,she has her wages paid into it.

Will update you on the progress of the claim.

Regards Swampy

I'm actually claiming for a relative ... she already has another bank account and is in the process of switching all her direct debits and standing orders over. I've not read of a case yet where A&L have paid up and NOT closed an account:rolleyes:

Good luckicon7.gif

your claim

Regarding the letter of refusal, I have just received exactly the same letter. This was from a M Parker, Customer Services, which is the same person who supplied the copy bank statements after the 40 day wait. Strange that this M Parker doesn't mention their gendre. I repied to Mr but next time it maybe Miss!

Peter

Mine was from . J Fallows must be a big department. I have an Abbey account to parachute into. But would I be better off choosing another and start from scratch. I only have two payments made into it A&L wages and benefit regularly and no dds, to damn expensive. I have £5000 debit on my marbles HSBC cc that would be cool to have intrest free for twelve months. Would I be better to go to a new bank get a loan and re-schedule or keep hopping about intrest free for as long as on the minimum payments? Questions questions. Thanks for the replies all comments gratefully received. I will keep you all posted LBA going out Monday.

Mine was from . J Fallows must be a big department. I have an Abbey account to parachute into. But would I be better off choosing another and start from scratch. I only have two payments made into it A&L wages and benefit regularly and no dds, to damn expensive. I have £5000 debit on my marbles HSBC cc that would be cool to have intrest free for twelve months. Would I be better to go to a new bank get a loan and re-schedule or keep hopping about intrest free for as long as on the minimum payments? Questions questions. Thanks for the replies all comments gratefully received. I will keep you all posted LBA going out Monday.
Hi, godfreyrat.

It certainly makes sense to use interest free credit cards while you can get them, but these may dry up eventually, or if the cc companies latch on to what you're doing they may not accept you in the future, so why not try to pay off slightly more than the minimun each month? That way you'll clear your debt earlier.

Good luck with the claim. I read somewhere today that one forum member is not having their account closed, so maybe A&L are having a change of heart on this one. Fingers crossed that's the case. :cool:

Could somebody give me some advice on what I should do next.

On the 16/03/07 I sent a cheque for £10 requesting a list of all charges that where made to my old Alliance & Leicester account, I should say that I was not sure of the account number and gave them two that I thought were correct,but it turns out neither were but I have since found the correct account number,also this account was closed around 4 years ago.

So far I have heard nothing so wondered what my next move should be.

Regards Swampy

PS The letter went of yesterday for the request of repayment of £863.50 and £60 interest for my joint account. Will keep you all informed.