• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

stonedecroze v NatWest ###won###

stonedecroze
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:lol: Hi all,

Having successfully reclaimed £1180 in illegal charges from the HALIFAX I am now starting to try to get the charges back from my wife`s bank the NatWest halifax paid in full in 72 days, are NatWest slower or quicker or more/easier dificulct to deal with.? S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted 25 april, I will keep you all posted as I progress.

Don`t give up it`s YOUR money

:!: success Halifax £11800

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Definitely slower............ Lol. But dont let it dissuede you. At all.

All the very best. You just need PLENTY OF PATIENCE in this particular forum. Nutty West arent the quickest to cough up. Ive been at it four months now and not even got court date yet. Lol xxxx Chin up though. Onward and upward.

:) Thanks for the welcome guys. Have just finished reading TOILET BANDIT V NATWEST thread. Hope mine does not take all the twists and turns the he suffered. But I am now inspired and encouraged to take it to the limit. HE IS A HERO !!!! :grin::grin::grin:

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

• 2 weeks later...
:) Today 08 May, I received all statements for last six years, in a brown bubble envelope, nothing else included, no covering letter or explainaion. At least they are all in the correct order, now I have to go through them all to find the charges, so will sit down tonite with the hilighters ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

:D TODAY 09 MAY 2007 I SENT OF 2ND LETTER REQUESTING REPAYMENT OF £867.00 ILLEGAL CHARGES LEVIED AGAINST MY ACCOUNT :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 2 weeks later...

Negative to that. I used standard letter downloaded from this site.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

So if my calculations are right (and maths was never my strong point!) they have until Thursday/Friday to respond? Fingers crossed for a payout at LBA for you mate! xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

yeah thats right Thursday, and as far as I can tell they haven`t taken a teener off me for them. I gave them Authorization to take it from my account. Was it a good reult for you on Satuday, Hedgey, It was for me come-on you Blues. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: ............ played a bunch of reception class kids!!!!

Ah well, at least one of us is happy!!!! ;)

Lucky you that they've not taken the tenner though............. bit of a result! A tenner in your pockets better than another tenner in theirs!!! xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

On Sat 25th sent off 2nd letter asking for £975.66 for fees plus interest to date giving 14 days for response. today 1st. June I received the following reply:-

Dear Mr Croze

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the fees applied to your account.

We are currently considering your claim. given the work involved in assessing your claim we anticipate that we will be in a position to respond within 6-7 weeks, but will endeavour to do so sooner if we are able to.

Yours sincerely

S***** H*****

Customer Relations.

Well as this is far in excess of my 14 day time scale I will just carry on with the next step, notification of legal action followed by claim in court.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

They're giving those they acknowledge (which trust me, isn't everyone!) the same old flannel mate.

Good for you - file at court after the LBA deadline's up. Your timescales........... not theirs!!!!

Good luck xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

L.B.A. sent on 08th June, Now I,m off to Sunny Spain for a week and will be prepared to start court action on my return on 18th. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 2 weeks later...
:):) Hi all, upon my return from my short break in Spain i found a letter from NatWest offering payment of £876.00 which is the full amount of charges that they have levied against my account, but does not include the interest. They have offered to pay into my account (which I have closed) therefore I plan to phone them Monday and also ask about the interest which is about £111.00. If they are not willing to add this then at the moment I am inclined to accept the offer. Your comments/views are welcome ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

It's completely up to you whether you accept or not. If you stick it out, you will get the interest as well although you will have to pay out for a court claim (which you will also get back).

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

• Haha 1

Thanks Steve, I will decide after speaking to them on Monday whether to accept or not, they may just cave in about the interest if I tell them that I am willing to go all the way :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

You never know, but don't hold your breath

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

:):) Well after speaking to them on the phone today and checking on timescale with local County Court, and my current financial position I have decided to accept the offer of £876.00 which is the full amount of charges that they have levied against me, so at least I have got my money back!!

Therefore CAG can chalk up one more success :D:D;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Congratulations!

My claim is for a very similar amount and I had the 6-7 weeks letter at around the same time as you but I haven't had an offer yet. You did well to get one so quickly!

Skylario :)

Hi stonedecroze............... CONGRATULATIONS!!!.......... well done on your win, enjoy every penny! Best wishes, hedgey x :D

• Haha 1

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well done .

Always nice to hear of people getting their money back.

Enjoy :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

:D:D Thanks everybody for the congrats, but without CAG I would never started out on on this recovery lark.

As soon as the money turns up in my account a few pennies ;) will be winging it`s way to keep the site going. So for me that is 2 down and 1 still to go, still to get my son`s back for him from Halifax (take a look at stonedecroze v halifax 2 to see how it is going, they seem to be giving me the run-around. Once again thanks, and keep on plugging away at them WE WILL ALL WIN IN THE END !!! there are more of us than them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00